La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

55 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Yeah, that transfer window is undoubtedly the best in history given what they've gotten from it. 

They can f**k off all the same, right enough. 

if it prevents City from winning the CL i'm all for it.

Edited by Meldrew

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Messi is a tax dodger and FC Barcelona are a shambles; both true.

That said I have loved watching Messi for all these years and will still watch him when I can.

The greatest football player I have ever seen and a few seasons back, when Xavi and Iniesta were still playing, the best club team I have ever witnessed.

not sure how old you are, but i'd be placing my money on Sacchi's Milan if a time machine is every invent and they end up facing each other.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

I know that PSG have signed a few good players on "free" transfers but the signing on fees, agent's commission and player wages must be astronomical.

Astronomical aye, but all of them combined will still be less than it would have cost to buy Messi outright, so I reckon they're fine with it. 

I'm not sure how they're avoiding breaching FFP rules, does this not cover wages too? Neymar, Messi and Mbappe (esp. when he signs a new deal) must all be on 300k+pw?

Edited by RawB93

4 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Astronomical aye, but all of them combined will still be less than it would have cost to buy Messi outright, so I reckon they're fine with it. 

I'm not sure how they're avoiding breaching FFP rules, does this not cover wages too? Neymar, Messi and Mbappe (esp. when he signs a new deal) must all be on 300k+?

i may be wrong but was there not a relatively recent news item that FFP is effectively dead/scrapped at this point? think the gist was the bankrolled clubs just get creative to find ways around it anyway

30 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

I'm not sure how they're avoiding breaching FFP rules, does this not cover wages too? Neymar, Messi and Mbappe (esp. when he signs a new deal) must all be on 300k+pw?

Messi is on 1.1 euros a second....madness

I read something the other day (which could be a load of shite) which basically said PSG can't be sanctioned under FFP for another 3 years so they're going all out to try and win the Champions League in that time.

5 hours ago, red23 said:

what an utter bellend messi looks over this.

crying because barca won't pay him 600k a week so he will have to move to get it, what a travesty.

That isn't what has happened at all though. Or anywhere near it. 

3 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

I actually have no problem with what PSG are doing.  It's not like Barcelona haven't been financial doping for at least half a decade trying to remain at the top - while failing.  

It’s more the money coming from a horrific regime that’s the problem. Same with Man City.

If it was just some businessman pumping in the money it wouldn’t attract as much bad press.

8 hours ago, Meldrew said:

not sure how old you are, but i'd be placing my money on Sacchi's Milan if a time machine is every invent and they end up facing each other.

I'm old enough to remember them and I'd say Guadiola's Barca was the best team I've ever seen. IMO Xavi and Iniesta are the best pairing in the history of the game. It would be a fascinating game to watch because that Milan side were incredibly structured and obdurate when not in possession while Barca lived to keep the ball. 

That Milan team had the best back 4 though - Tassoti, Baresi, Costacurta, Maldini. Woof.