La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

Jake Dalziel used to give Airdrie players a job working for his bakery and part of their wages was paid that way. I'm sure someone at Barca could give Leo a job. If it's good enough for John Flood it's good enough for Messi.

Flood abandoned his van after a couple of hours and never went back, but I don't think Messi is that type.

18 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Jake Dalziel used to give Airdrie players a job working for his bakery and part of their wages was paid that way. I'm sure someone at Barca could give Leo a job. If it's good enough for John Flood it's good enough for Messi.

Flood abandoned his van after a couple of hours and never went back, but I don't think Messi is that type.

Reckon he could have the makings of a cracking pastry chef. Imagine he'd have very nimble little fingers to work those delicate, intricate patterns. Make him an offer, Jake.

Guest TheJTS98

I love stories like this.

The people running huge football clubs love to portray themselves as glamorous yet serious business people. Stuff like this shows that many of them are just fucking daft.

Strong Rangers vibes about Barcelona just now. It's been a few years of people connected to Spanish fitba sort of whispering and sort of speculating that they're in real bother, but it's always been quite hard to believe.

Serious problems, and, frankly, I'm all for it.

The state of this Tory shite. Imagine thinking it unreasonable that the greatest player of all time, and still the best player on the planet (the worker) should do his job for a fraction of his worth because the club who have made close to a billion euros a year in turnover (the employer), which he has significantly contributed towards, have mismanaged their finances to such a pathetic degree. Now imagine that the worker had actually already agreed to accept half of his previous salary, significantly below his market worth, so that he could stay, but the shambles of an employer still couldn’t make it work. Is there any other industry in the world where people would question the worker in this instance? Of course there isn’t, because it’d be fucking mental to do so.

You can spin it to whichever way suits your personal argument tbf.

If you read the line "Tax dodging multi-millionaire devastated his employer won't renew contract even after accepting a 50% pay cut" you certainly wouldn't be thinking 'poor guy, he was willing to take a cut', would you?

1 hour ago, TheJTS98 said:

I love stories like this.

The people running huge football clubs love to portray themselves as glamorous yet serious business people. Stuff like this shows that many of them are just fucking daft.

Strong Rangers vibes about Barcelona just now. It's been a few years of people connected to Spanish fitba sort of whispering and sort of speculating that they're in real bother, but it's always been quite hard to believe.

Serious problems, and, frankly, I'm all for it.

It's mad to think that, genuinely, Messi would still be a Barcelona player and the club would be in vastly better shape right now if they'd been run by the board of St Johnstone. 

19 minutes ago, GordonS said:

It's mad to think that, genuinely, Messi would still be a Barcelona player and the club would be in vastly better shape right now if they'd been run by the board of St Johnstone. 

Surely they’d have just loaned Messi to St Johnstone?

Guest TheJTS98
1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

You can spin it to whichever way suits your personal argument tbf.

If you read the line "Tax dodging multi-millionaire devastated his employer won't renew contract even after accepting a 50% pay cut" you certainly wouldn't be thinking 'poor guy, he was willing to take a cut', would you?

It's not really about sympathy for him or no sympathy. It's about adhering to the principle that absolutely nobody in the world should ever have to - or feel pressure to - work for nothing.

In this case it wouldn't make any difference anyway.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Great few days for Barca. They’ve just announced Agüero is out for 10 weeks with a calf injury

A player they can't even bloody register at the moment as well. 

They are the gift that keeps giving at the moment. 

Messi is a tax dodger and FC Barcelona are a shambles; both true.

That said I have loved watching Messi for all these years and will still watch him when I can.

The greatest football player I have ever seen and a few seasons back, when Xavi and Iniesta were still playing, the best club team I have ever witnessed.