La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

Was hoping to get tickets for the Barcelona v Inter Champions League game next month but I read that as a foreigner I can't get a ticket for the home end as per UEFA regulations. Does anyone know if this is strictly enforced? as in everyone has to present id at the gate? 
You'll be fine bud, went to a game last month and they've emailed (in English) about getting tickets for the champions league group games so I'd go for it.

Missed the last 10 minutes of the Cadiz v Barcelona game due to a suspension of the game as a result of a fan taking ill.

Good result in the end with two goals added to the two before the  suspension.  Cadiz has been Barca’s boggy team the previous two seasons.

Lewandowski is the real deal and should score a bundle.  Cadiz have lost all five opening games, have conceded 14 and scored zero.

Racist songs sang by Atleti fans needs no further analysis. The inflammatory comment by Pedro Bravo is worth looking at. First, the use of the word monkey. We're captives of our societies' histories here. Meaning that because historically, sub-Saharan African people have been dehumanised using the term, it now shouldn't be used in any of the innocent ways, eg. "cheeky monkey", to refer to black people just out of respect for that history. (Not to mention that contemporary racists do still use ape analogies to racially insult Black people). However, Vinicius didn't focus on the use of monkey which I think was intelligent from him as the wider sentiments behind Bravo's comment are the larger problem. Bravo is a stuffy Spanish "proper football man" who thinks its his job to put these impish, less cultured, poorer, blacker, South Americans back in their place. Vinicius knows what's going on there and I thought his response was ideal. He'll be used to it from Brazil too, where the favela boys with their favela culture - the dancing and music - is constantly being railed against by the snooty and racist Brazilian upper classes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62950158

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19946665/barcelona-chief-drops-messi-transfer-hint/

LIONEL MESSI'S future could see a return to Barcelona after the club's vice president dropped a huge hint about his potential return.

Barcelona and Messi parted ways in the summer of 2021 due to the Spanish giants' crippling financial state.

Messi then signed a two-year deal with Paris Saint-Germain, but with that contract expiring next summer speculation has been mounting on his future.

SunSport exclusively revealed yesterday the 35-year-old has no concrete options currently on the table.

But he is not worried about this as his focus is on trying to claim World Cup glory in Qatar with Argentina.

However, Barcelona's vice president has dropped a massive hint that they will make a move to re-sign La Pulga.

In an interview with El Matí de Catalunya Ràdio, Barca vice president Eduard Romeu revealed the return of Messi would be economically viable.

He said: "If I came back, it would come for free, so I'm sure it would be viable. In any case, it's a technical and player decision."

It is understood PSG want to retain the star forward by offering him a one-year extension, but they are yet to officially make the offer.

Romeu later elaborated on how the structure of the club has changed both on and off the pitch and how this will accommodate Messi's return.

He said: "We have completely changed the structure.

"From having players with salary levels outside the market and an already large squad at the average age level, we have gone on to have players with projection and market levels, which will surely be important.

"Without sounding presumptuous, we have saved Barca but we are not financially healthy and a lot of austerity and rigour are needed and there is a lot of work to do.

"Barça will be healthy in five years. In the 2024-25 season we will be at the level that belongs to us."

He went on to reveal the club have cut £135million from their salary bill.

I really hope they die.

Edited by Merkland Red

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Watching Vallecano v Real and these stupid VAR rules.
So explain the logic here, the ball strikes you in the box rather than you put your hand out to stop the ball. Not only is a penalty awarded but you also get booked for something you had little control over.
Now what happens? The penalty gets taken but is saved but the keeper steps off his line so it’s retaken. The keeper has committed a clear infringement but he doesn’t get booked?
For me the whole rule book needs some rethought as it makes less and less sense every game.
VAR is terrible in that it ruins the enjoyment of the game, but what it has done is shown up the serious inadequacies in some very basic rules of the sport…..