La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

17 minutes ago, Michael W said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/griezmann-barcelona-atletico-madrid-transfer-27815754

Mess of a Club now having a good moan about Atletico getting it round them. 

They seem to have real difficulty with the concept of a contract. 

No, that's the phone hackers at Daily Mirror having a good moan. There's no quote from a Barcelona source anywhere in that article.

Easy win for Barca. More of a late late show for Real in the outskirts of Barcelona. Benzema with two late goals ( a sweet volley and a direct free kick low from the D). The guy is a phenomenon. That is his first FK goal in his Madrid career 

Edited by jagfox

8 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Was hoping to get tickets for the Barcelona v Inter Champions League game next month but I read that as a foreigner I can't get a ticket for the home end as per UEFA regulations. Does anyone know if this is strictly enforced? as in everyone has to present id at the gate? 

This must be a new thing, my dad went to see Barcelona in 2003 or 2004 in the UEFA Cup and got tickets for the home end no bother.

As for La Liga, got the Sociedad v Atleti game on, just tuned in there. 

9 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Was hoping to get tickets for the Barcelona v Inter Champions League game next month but I read that as a foreigner I can't get a ticket for the home end as per UEFA regulations. Does anyone know if this is strictly enforced? as in everyone has to present id at the gate? 

I bought tickets in Valencia a few seasons ago when Celtic were playing with an Irish passport no issues. Is this a new thing? Seems utterly ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I bought tickets in Valencia a few seasons ago when Celtic were playing with an Irish passport no issues. Is this a new thing? Seems utterly ridiculous.

No idea but when I search for these tickets on the Barcelona website it says an identification document will be requested at entrance. Then various other websites I found state "UEFA rules dictate that foreigners cannot buy tickets for the home team". It's obviously in place to stop away fans trying to get into the home end if not enough away tickets are available. Funnily enough, if I am willing to spend £300 a head for hospitality, I would not have any entry problems.

6 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

No idea but when I search for these tickets on the Barcelona website it says an identification document will be requested at entrance. Then various other websites I found state "UEFA rules dictate that foreigners cannot buy tickets for the home team". It's obviously in place to stop away fans trying to get into the home end if not enough away tickets are available. Funnily enough, if I am willing to spend £300 a head for hospitality, I would not have any entry problems.

I’m guessing it’s to deter opposition fans getting home tickets but assuming ur dads not Italian I can’t see there being any issues.

37 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Barcelona probably demanded UEFA bring it in after the Eintracht Frankfurt invasion last season. 

On 03/09/2022 at 10:04, Chewing Taffies said:

You will be fine. If you’ve bought them through the official Barcelona website the tickets will arrive as e-tickets, and if you have an iPhone they go in to the ‘Apple Wallet’, so when you come to the turnstiles just bring up Apple Wallet and hold the QR code over the scanner and you will sail through. 

I was at the Barcelona v Lyon Champions League quarter final a couple of years back, as well as a few league games over the years, and there’s never been an issue. Also been at an El Clasico in the Nou Camp and there was 15-20 guys dotted about the home end with Madrid tops on, so even if you are supporting the opposition it doesn’t seem to be an issue.