La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

It was only a few years ago Barcelona were financially envied for their enormous revenues and ability to home grow world class talents.

But even the strongest clubs are only a few bad big transfers (Griezman, Dembele and Coutinho) and a ruinous wage spiral away from catastrophe.

I hope they recover from it, football needs a strong Barca and I prefer traditional fan run clubs to state entities like Newcastle, Man City or PSG.

It's not a gamble I would have voted for, but I'm not naturally a gambler.

Edited by Satoshi

17 hours ago, Satoshi said:

It was only a few years ago Barcelona were financially envied for their enormous revenues and ability to home grow world class talents.

But even the strongest clubs are only a few bad big transfers (Griezman, Dembele and Coutinho) and a ruinous wage spiral away from catastrophe.

I hope they recover from it, football needs a strong Barca and I prefer traditional fan run clubs to state entities like Newcastle, Man City or PSG.

It's not a gamble I would have voted for, but I'm not naturally a gambler.

🤣

Birthday card pish.

They've been a scummy club for years. Glossed over due to the football they play.

Barcelona and Real Madrid suffer from exactly the same sense of entitlement as Celtic and Rangers. They believe they have a god given right to be winning trophies every single season. When they aren't or they suffer a financial setback the idea of taking a few years to build back sustainably is completely off the table because why would they lower themselves to something like that?

Its the same thing that led to Rangers having their own little financial issue and then proving they had learned precisely nothing spending silly money in the lower leagues. And ultimately, they will always be able to do it because there will always be someone willing to foot the bill. You can guarantee that even if this does somehow lead to Barcelona going out of business they would be back at the top of La Liga spending hundreds of millions on players within 5/10 years.

Edited by MrWorldwideJr

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣

Birthday card pish.

They've been a scummy club for years. Glossed over due to the football they play.

Aberdeen have been a scummy club for years.  The football they play has not glossed over this fact.

6 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣

Birthday card pish.

Worse than those mentioned?

Quite funny to see both Kounde and Lewandowski sack off Chelsea to join Barcelona. Both them and Real still have unrivalled pulling power in the footballing world. No surprise De Jong doesn't want to leave, he knows Man Utd is a step down and a worse part of the world to live in.

Barca also deserve credit for the players they produce, Pedri is the best talent since Mbappe (even if they criminally overplayed him).

7 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Quite funny to see both Kounde and Lewandowski sack off Chelsea to join Barcelona. Both them and Real still have unrivalled pulling power in the footballing world. No surprise De Jong doesn't want to leave, he knows Man Utd is a step down and a worse part of the world to live in.

Barca also deserve credit for the players they produce, Pedri is the best talent since Mbappe (even if they criminally overplayed him).

Probably a poor example given that they signed Pedri from Las Palmas in the summer of 2020 after he'd already played a full season in the Segunda and put him straight into the first team.

Gavi would be a better example if you want someone who they actually produced through their youth system.

16 minutes ago, MrWorldwideJr said:

Probably a poor example given that they signed Pedri from Las Palmas in the summer of 2020 after he'd already played a full season in the Segunda and put him straight into the first team.

Gavi would be a better example if you want someone who they actually produced through their youth system.

Fair enough, Pedri is just a fair bit better than Gavi or Fati - he's already one of the best players in the world.

But your point perfectly valid, he isn't entirely home grown.

8 hours ago, Satoshi said:

They're literally selling off years of future television revenue to continue to sign players. This is while forcing other players out the door while also trying to renege on deferred wages they are due.

De Jong doesn't want to leave. Partly because Man Utd are shite. Partly because Barca are due him £17.5 euros.

It's hilarious to see Barcelona sign players they can't register. Agreed.

• 2 weeks later...

The most recent development in the financial implosion of FC Skint is now out. Having tried and failed to sell de Jong or otherwise bully him out the door, they're now alleging that the contract he was given was illegal.  

The backstory of their implosion will rival Enron by the time they are finally liquidated. 

Edit: and another! 

Edited by Michael W

Villarreal were incredible in the second half. 3 great goals.

Looking forward to the Barca game especially with all the drama in the summer, every new signing registered bar Kounde. 

A bit odd seeing Lewandowski playing for a team that isn't Bayern however! 

On 09/08/2022 at 10:42, charger29 said:

I see Rayo Vallecano beat Barcelona home and away last season...
Fingers crossed for three in a row.

Not quite, but still a very good point away from home for Rayo against the debt-ridden cheats.