La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

On 12/05/2022 at 09:03, Tartan Dave said:

Sevilla stuttering a bit. Not sure what‘S happened there

Aye, they've stumbled big time, especially since the start of the year, they were there or thereabouts before Christmas. 

22 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

They might end up regretting that lazy,lazy penalty next week

Definitely. Was an absolutely atrocious penalty. Cadiz play Alaves in Cadiz next week though. Alaves already relegated. 

Can’t see a La Liga Smartbank thread, but I watched Oviedo vs Zaragoza, supporting the Los Azules as they’re the Mrs’ local team.

What a game… 3-2 Zaragoza after 26 mins, Oviedo get level after half time then ex-Swansea record signing Borja Bastón misses a penalty with 20 to go to all but put los Carbayones into the promotion play-offs.

Watched some Copa90 videos about Oviedo and Asturias before the game last night. I’d visited the ground in the Capital and was loosely aware of the history, but Jesus I didn’t realise how much of a Spanish Airdrieonians they were. Which is absolutely okay for me!

13 hours ago, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

Can’t see a La Liga Smartbank thread, but I watched Oviedo vs Zaragoza, supporting the Los Azules as they’re the Mrs’ local team.

What a game… 3-2 Zaragoza after 26 mins, Oviedo get level after half time then ex-Swansea record signing Borja Bastón misses a penalty with 20 to go to all but put los Carbayones into the promotion play-offs.

Watched some Copa90 videos about Oviedo and Asturias before the game last night. I’d visited the ground in the Capital and was loosely aware of the history, but Jesus I didn’t realise how much of a Spanish Airdrieonians they were. Which is absolutely okay for me!

I need to get into Segunda. Some big teams from La Liga of the early 2000s down there. 

My adopted team shat the bed last night in their attempt for the playoffs away at fellow chasers Las Palmas (Gran Cañaría - quality away day). Approaching a must win game with 10 men behind the ball and 24% ball possession isn’t particularly the way to go about it, I would have thought.

Anyway, they now rely on arch rivals Sporting de Gijon to beat Las Palmas or Burgos to beat Girona… don’t really fancy either.

Incidentally, all of the Segunda matches seem to be streaming on the LiveScore App which is also castable to TVs via Airplay. Would’ve been good to know this before I went and bought two years VPN to watch the YouTube streams on LaLiga Smartbank’s Asian access channel.

Owned by Gérard Pique.
200.gif

Also bought their place in the 3rd tier for €450k after CF Reus Deportiu were given the boot for not paying their players. Grand total of 0 Andorran players in their first team currently.

25 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Also bought their place in the 3rd tier for €450k after CF Reus Deportiu were given the boot for not paying their players. Grand total of 0 Andorran players in their first team currently.

Swapping stories with Gary Neville last week, looks like Pique's team is ahead of Salford City.

0_piqueeePNG.png.562833c3e54df7dfbf74743e26dd47a7.png

Didn’t watch the Barca game last night due to the stupid split coverage on offer.  Having seen the result I’m not too bothered but it’s a disappointing end to Xavi’s first period in charge.

With a few tweaks they can offer a decent challenge to Real next season.

On 23/05/2022 at 07:51, Granny Danger said:

Didn’t watch the Barca game last night due to the stupid split coverage on offer.  Having seen the result I’m not too bothered but it’s a disappointing end to Xavi’s first period in charge.

With a few tweaks they can offer a decent challenge to Real next season.

wouldnt describe that kind of coverage on the final weekend of the season as stupid when theres teams playing whose fates depend on the results of other games-nice to see the big two not getting prioritised at the expense of everyone else,refreshing

22 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

wouldnt describe that kind of coverage on the final weekend of the season as stupid when theres teams playing whose fates depend on the results of other games-nice to see the big two not getting prioritised at the expense of everyone else,refreshing

Then show one of those games.