La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

2 hours ago, CraigFairlie said:

Is anyone familiar with The Spanish Football Podcast

Very good podcast with Sid Lowe and Phil Kitromilides. Been listening to it over the last few weeks, going to subscribe to their Patreon Channel. over the next few days too. 

Yeah, I’m a patreon. Good guys. Sid in particular is a great listen

20 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

Yeah, I’m a patreon. Good guys. Sid in particular is a great listen

His knowledge of Spanish football is absolutely outstanding.

Looking forward to tonight's game.  Betis V Barca should be a cracker. 

Big results earlier, Granada beating Majorca 6-2 and Cadiz getting a HUGE result, 3-0 against Elche. Takes Cadiz up to 16th and with Granada's big win against Majorca they sit in 17th. 3 more games to go. Should be an absolute incredible end to the season at the bottom. 

20 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

With an incredible ending.

Very much so. 

Just tuned into the Espanyol v Osasuna game as i was working then cooking earlier. 

Looking forward to the Madrid Derby later too. 

A really frustrating derby but good win in the end (that should have been much more comfortable) and pretty much seals top 4 barring a massive collapse.  Atmosphere in the stadium really weird, totally unlike the previous 2 derbies I've been at. 

Carrasco is an absolute baller, just always loads of fun to watch. Griezmann absolutely can't buy a goal just now as well. 

On 08/05/2022 at 23:44, JMDP said:

A really frustrating derby but good win in the end (that should have been much more comfortable) and pretty much seals top 4 barring a massive collapse.  Atmosphere in the stadium really weird, totally unlike the previous 2 derbies I've been at. 

Carrasco is an absolute baller, just always loads of fun to watch. Griezmann absolutely can't buy a goal just now as well. 

Aye, Griezmann has struggled big time. There's more than meets the eye at Atleti just now, it's like they've fallen off a cliff since Liverpool beat them. I was listening to one of the podcasts recently and they said if there is any issues behind the scenes it'd only come to light if Simone left.

7 hours ago, CraigFairlie said:

Watching the Valencia v Betis game, i've got Macaroni baking in the oven and i'm drinking a beer. 

Absolutely perfect. 

How was your macaroni? Did you add anything to it?

Big result for Alaves earlier. Still in the relegation places but only 2 points between them and Majorca in 18th and 4 between Cadiz. 

Cadiz play Sociedad tomorrow, a win for Cadiz would see them go as high as 15th, but it's a huge ask given that Sociedad have been pretty good this season. Levante play Real Madrid at the Bernabeu tomorrow night, again another huge ask for Levante to go to the Bernabeu and get a result, however, Madrid will have one eye on the Champions League final, especially as they've wrapped up the league. Full card on Sunday. 

Lots to be decided at the bottom end.