La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

• 3 weeks later...

If Xavi is approached and is even considering the job I hope he has a one-on-one with Laporta where he tells him that he wants three years and doesn’t want a peep out of Laporta in these three years.

Maybe he can take along Pique with him to stand menacingly over the Barca President whilst the (short) conversation takes place.

17 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Have to mute La Liga TV every time I stick it on and Graham Hunter is co-commentator. What an insufferable bore of a man. The coverage on the channel is absolutely hopeless in general, just all about the cheapest broadcast possible.

i was with you on that when i subscribed to it-unbelievably smug individual.tbf hes not just a la liga tv problem,sky subscribers had to put up with him for years too.the commentator who always refers to "football club barcelona", "la real" when talking about real sociedad and "the yellow submarine" when talking about cadiz(i was always under the impression that was villareal) does my nut in

Very much agree with the above about Hunter - insufferable is completely the right word to describe him. 

League shaping up quite nicely, very tight at the top. I had a good weekend, went up to Barca for their draw on Saturday evening (thought they were well worth the win), then back to the Metropolitano on Sunday.

Was Atleti's most complete performance of the season. Betis were not bad at all but comfortably beaten on the day. Standouts were De Paul, Griezmann and Carrasco. The latter is genuinely one of my favourite players to watch and his goal a peach. 

Wanted to get to Rayo-Celta Vigo yesterday but was sold out.

IMG-20211031-WA0054.thumb.jpg.f635a3bd495f495d94acf18f8412a8f9.jpg20211031_161506.thumb.jpg.6c2814b072f04a4441956a4c574e4a3f.jpg

Some weekend in the Santander. Barca looking very good before conceding a three goal lead and Atleti indulging in some clownshoe defending to concede 2 in injury time being particular highlights. One consolation for Atleti being that Griezmann starting to look like the player he was in 2016. 

For about the tenth year in a row, Sevilla spending a bit of time looking the real deal as well. Wonder if they can properly maintain it this year. Hay liga, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...