La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

On 12/07/2021 at 18:26, GNU_Linux said:

Lower down there's also the option of AD Unión Adarve in the 4th tier then ED Moratalaz, RCD Carabanchel, CDE Ursaria & Villaverde San Andrés in the 5th tier.

cheers for that-i thought only la liga and segunda fixtures were out,i couldnt find any below that.ill take another looksie!

5 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

New 5 year deal agreed between Messi and Barcelona whilst taking a wage reduction.

Very surprised to see him sign for five years, hope he sees them all out.

Giving a 34 year old a five year deal is exactly why their finances are a total shitshow. 

The five years is so they can pay him the reduced wage over a longer period equivalent to 2/3 years on full salary. Press here saying he will most likely be off to MLS in 2/3 years but with Barca still paying him.

Saul/Griezmann swap looking closer - Atleti fans not happy at all. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Barcelona confirm Messi isn't signing a new deal and is leaving them this Summer.

You reckon this is still a game of poker or does that announcement actually mean anything? 

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Barca must be proper skint

It's not that they're skint. They can't offload their deadwood.

Edit: they are skint but the bigger issue is having all the overpaid reserves that don't want to leave.

Edited by Merkland Red

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

All to appease Messi.

He didn't make them sign Coutinho, Griezmann or Dembele. €375m Euros! Only Griezmann has made any impact and even then not what a player commanding such a fee needs to be producing. 

They massively overspent on players that simply either aren't good enough or weren't worth what they went and paid. I'm sure they have tried to keep Messi by showing they're serious, but they have made an utter c**t of it. 

Then there's the wages. Notwithstanding the need to recoup at least a portion of what these guys cost, no one is going to want to pay the £250k a week or whatever. Barca are still paying some of Suarez' s wages after offloading him. Another masterstroke as he helped Atletico to the title. 

Just now, Michael W said:

He didn't make them sign Coutinho, Griezmann or Dembele. €375m Euros! Only Griezmann has made any impact and even then not what a player commanding such a fee needs to be producing. 

They massively overspent on players that simply either aren't good enough or weren't worth what they went and paid. I'm sure they have tried to keep Messi by showing they're serious, but they have made an utter c**t of it. 

Then there's the wages. Notwithstanding the need to recoup at least a portion of what these guys cost, no one is going to want to pay the £250k a week or whatever. Barca are still paying some of Suarez' s wages after offloading him. Another masterstroke as he helped Atletico to the title. 

Messi has literally dictated which players should be kept, sold etc. Spat the dummy when they've made decisions he doesn't agree with.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Messi has literally dictated which players should be kept, sold etc. Spat the dummy when they've made decisions he doesn't agree with.

That'll be why Luis Suarez is still at the club then, eh?

(And Neymar)

Edited by Mr. Brightside

2 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

That'll be why Luis Suarez is still at the club then, eh?

They needed him off the wage bill. His wages were that insane that they couldn't find anyone willing to pay a 34 year old that amount of money. That's why they pay a decent wedge of it.

And it's exactly what I meant when I said Messi spat the dummy with decisions he didn't agree with.

Letting Suarez go wasn't a bad decision. It had to be made.