La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

I'm guessing this co-commentator is a Barca fan aye?* How can he honestly claim that's anything other than a dive?

* Awaits someone telling him it's Xavi or Iniesta.

It's Albert Ferrer (ex-Barcelona player).

7 hours ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

How did Messi do tonight? 

*sniggers*

He was pretty good actually, give or take the best player on the park as usual.

7 hours ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Anyway, looks like yet again Real Madrid are coming into form at the EXACT right moment. Favorites for the league and a decent shot at the CL. 

Zidane proving everyone wrong yet again. 

I don't know who Zidane would need to prove wrong. He's in his 4th ever season as a manager, and has won the CL three times. It would take an idiot to think he still has anything to prove.

Anyway, looks like yet again Real Madrid are coming into form at the EXACT right moment. Favorites for the league and a decent shot at the CL. 
Zidane proving everyone wrong yet again. 
Zidane is so weirdly underrated as a manager.

Messi’s first goal in the final tonight was sublime.

Just coming on to say the same. That he’s still scoring goals like this, fairly regularly, at nearly 34 is just absurd. Also saw that he’s now scored 31 goals in 31 club finals, and has scored at least 30 goals in a season for the 13th year in a row. I genuinely don’t think people realise quite how insane that is.

We’ll likely never see anything like him again.

Just coming on to say the same. That he’s still scoring goals like this, fairly regularly, at nearly 34 is just absurd. Also saw that he’s now scored 31 goals in 31 club finals, and has scored at least 30 goals in a season for the 13th year in a row. I genuinely don’t think people realise quite how insane that is.

We’ll likely never see anything like him again.

We could talk about his goal scoring ability until the end of time, but he’s also the best passer of a ball on the planet. The way he drops deep and dictates play, he controls everything Barca do from the middle of the park while still banging in 40 a season.

Peerless.

15 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Messi’s first goal in the final tonight was sublime.

Didn’t see the game, just watched the goals.  The first Messi one was spectacular, the second was the 60th touch after 59 consecutive passes, another Barcelona trademark.

I know it's obviously difficult to compare leagues, etc, but the stat that he now has more league goals than Shearer and Rooney combined (top two scorers in the Premier League) in 400 odd less games is absolutely fucking ludicrous.