La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

Also if it came to a race that's when Atleti would start to drop points with a stupid draw here and there, cause their players just haven't been in that position whereas Real's are in it every season.

Without checking I'm sure that's how they won it in 2013 or 14, a big lead at one point whittled down, that's what happens, Leicester too they didn't emerge from the pack, Montpellier, always when an underdog wins a title that's how they do it.

Aye, I know where you are coming from. I'm still not that confident - next game against Eibar is very important. The performance there last season was brutal, a meek 2-0 defeat that was over as soon as Eibar scored within the first few minutes.

The difference this season is that the squad is very strong in every single area. Right back and keeper are the only area that seem to be reliant on one player - a fully fit Vrsaljko could change that though. Last season, one or two players missing had a huge impact. This season, you could field two fairly strong sides from the squad.

11 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Aye, I know where you are coming from. I'm still not that confident - next game against Eibar is very important. The performance there last season was brutal, a meek 2-0 defeat that was over as soon as Eibar scored within the first few minutes.

The difference this season is that the squad is very strong in every single area. Right back and keeper are the only area that seem to be reliant on one player - a fully fit Vrsaljko could change that though. Last season, one or two players missing had a huge impact. This season, you could field two fairly strong sides from the squad.

Aye except CF but they obviously were bringing someone in when Costa left, apparently Dembele. Big challenge for him but I like him, quite mobile and good composure good finisher. Actually not too dissimilar to Suarez.

Do you know anything about Simeone leaving in the summer?  I think it would be a real shame but obviously has been on the cards a long time.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

He's been honking this season for OL. So much so that he's been replaced by a guy from Ligue 2.

That doesn't mean anything though, he wanted to leave in the summer so probably wasn't interested anymore. You don't become a bad player in four months, we've all seen him he's good. Its a step up for him but he has good attributes.

Athletic are the Champions 3-2 after extra time. Messi red carded towards the end for an off the ball challenge and Brsithwaite smashed some one with his elbow right at the final whistle. 

🔴⚪⚫🦁🦁🦁

Good start for Marcellino Garcia Toral.

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:
Rough for Atletico.
Have to question the intelligence of any footballer that gets done betting. 

He didn't bet though.. .

He gave info to his mates that did. All footballers know the rules they are made very clear to them, there's no excuse for it.

Will also cost him probably a million quid or more, nobody to blame but himself.

Some patter from Real with in matching Atleti for a mintering cup exit to a Segunda B side.

With regard to Trippier, he has been daft. I think the "lump on it" message is the only contentious one really - absolutely no bother with telling his mates where he is going, footballers shouldn't be prohibited from that and it is a ridiculous market to be able to bet on. Football's relationship with the gambling industry is another story though.

A fit Sime Vrsaljko is probably a better player than him, but Trippier is vital to how Atleti play this season and no one knows exactly if Vrsaljko is even capable of playing a sustained run anymore - he has only played a handful of games in three years. It's a huge blow for Atletico, only Llorente or Oblak would be bigger misses tbh. 

Edited by JMDP

9 hours ago, JMDP said:

Some patter from Real with in matching Atleti for a mintering cup exit to a Segunda B side.

The change last year from a 2 leg to 1 leg knockout will make this cup more exciting and allows for such upsets to happen.

Either Barca or Real were in every final between them since 2009 and they will still win the Copa Del Rey more than other sides but last year produced a Basque derby final (still to be played) and will see other teams get to finals and occasionally win it is much better for the competition.

Seven points clear with a game in hand for Atleti. Six wins on the spin since the derby defeat. 

That was a huge win tonight. The loss away to Eibar last season was horrific, Trippier, Hermoso and Koke out tonight - had all the signs of a tough night. Awful pen to give away early, formation looked poor to start but fair play to Simeone, he changed it and they deserved the three points. 

Edited by JMDP

48 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Seven points clear with a game in hand for Atleti. Six wins on the spin since the derby defeat. 

That was a huge win tonight. The loss away to Eibar last season was horrific, Trippier, Hermoso and Koke out tonight - had all the signs of a tough night. Awful pen to give away early, formation looked poor to start but fair play to Simeone, he changed it and they deserved the three points. 

Aye was keeping an eye on it. That's two or three late winners recently.  Those are the sort of things that win titles.

And I tell you what if Chelsea are this bad when the CL comes around Atleti will put them out no bother at all.  Looked a tough tie when the draw was made, absolute skoosh now.

Bilbao leave it late needing a 91st minute winner by Unai Núñez to beat 3rd tier UD Ibiza 2-1.  Barca needing extra time & two goals in ET to see off 3rd tier UE Cornellà. LaLiga teams punted out left right & centre with the following getting dispatched:

Deportivo Alavés getting pumped 5-0 by 2nd tier UD Almería
Cádiz losing 2-0 to 2nd tier Girona
Elche losing 2-0 to 2nd tier Rayo Vallecano
SD Eibar losing 3-1 to 3rd tier CDA Navalcarnero
Real Madrid falling in extra time 2-1 to 3rd tier CD Alcoyano