La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

is there a reason for this,other than depor being seen as a big team?

Doubt it would have happened had Deportivo not been involved.

I think they and Numancia were claiming that not playing all the games at the same time was an unfair advantage as games may have gone differently had news spread of Deportivo or Numancia hypothetically taking an early lead.

I can understand the point they're making but this is not a normal situation they're playing in. Surely the league discussed the possibility of this happening in April/May and came up with a clear policy on what to do?

1 hour ago, charger29 said:

Doubt it would have happened had Deportivo not been involved.

I think they and Numancia were claiming that not playing all the games at the same time was an unfair advantage as games may have gone differently had news spread of Deportivo or Numancia hypothetically taking an early lead.

I can understand the point they're making but this is not a normal situation they're playing in. Surely the league discussed the possibility of this happening in April/May and came up with a clear policy on what to do?

wow,thats really clutching at straws.the only team who have a right to feel hard done by will elche if the fuenlabrada game goes ahead

27 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

The only way Messi stays is if Bartomeu resigns and the elections are held early.

No brainer if there's a mechanism to do so. Messi or the man who has presided over the club being run into the ground. 

Regardless of anything, I doubt Bartomeu wants to be the guy who lost Messi. 

16 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Apparently it was the meeting with Koeman that tipped the scales because he was told his "privileges" were over.

That's gutter pish.  Realistically only two people were party to any conversation, and neither of them is leaking anything like that. 

Very sad day, but logically for Messi he should leave as Barca are shite now and he'd be wasting his last couple of good years.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Messi has reportedly told Barca he wants to leave

Confirmed according to the BBC - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53911105.

"Forward Lionel Messi has asked to leave Spanish giants Barcelona this summer. The Argentina international, 33, sent a fax to the club on Tuesday saying he wishes to exercise a clause in his contract, allowing him to leave for free with immediate effect."

If that's correct, he's a free agent.