La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

On 18/02/2020 at 00:12, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Its a ridiculous rule clearly just to benefit the big two.  And a shite signing, Bartomeu's reign has been an utter shambles.

I'm not sure if the player they sign will be eligible for the CL maybe someone can confrim

Agree it’s a ridiculous rule but struggling to see how Barca using this rule to sign a player has benefited Real Madrid ?

39 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I've always despised Barcelona. Reading this thread has just added to that.

Tbf to them if the rule exists you can't blame them for using it.

Its really Real Madrid that run Spanish football, so the rule is to benefit them, but Barcelona can also take advantage of it.

I feel sorry for Leganes though, they are fighting for their life, in the relegation zone, now lose their best player outside the transfer window and can't replace him.  Its a ridiculous rule.

In terms of Leganes, this could just as easily have happened to them in the last few moments of the transfer window, in which case they'd be in the same position. If you're a smaller club and you have players with relatively low buy-out clauses then you're always going to be susceptible to teams coming in for them.

I'm not sure why people think a rule like this would favour bigger clubs rather than smaller ones anyway - you could argue that smaller clubs tend to operate with smaller squads and that the relative effect on losing one is therefore bigger for them than for the big clubs. Therefore allowing clubs to replace a player might well benefit them more. A similar rule has been in place in France for a long time and I don't remember it being controversial.

People have been stirred up into a fury because of the very deliberate clickbaity way that this story has been reported more than the actual principle at play.

In terms of Leganes, this could just as easily have happened to them in the last few moments of the transfer window, in which case they'd be in the same position. If you're a smaller club and you have players with relatively low buy-out clauses then you're always going to be susceptible to teams coming in for them.

I'm not sure why people think a rule like this would favour bigger clubs rather than smaller ones anyway - you could argue that smaller clubs tend to operate with smaller squads and that the relative effect on losing one is therefore bigger for them than for the big clubs. Therefore allowing clubs to replace a player might well benefit them more. A similar rule has been in place in France for a long time and I don't remember it being controversial.

People have been stirred up into a fury because of the very deliberate clickbaity way that this story has been reported more than the actual principle at play.

But it didnt happen regarding transfer window

They would of had no idea that one of their best players ( maybe best?) Would be going outside the transfer window . Yeah they have the lower release clause for a big team to swoop in but did they ever think this would happen while the window was shut ? Did they f**k .

Money may help them once relegated maybe.

It's the fact that Barcelona do have strikers that the main issue. Its bullshit

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Yes, but Spanish clubs are forced to put release clauses into every contract, and only the larger teams can seemingly convince agents to make it an unrealistic figure.

Small teams in Spain are fucked. Cant sign anyone without a release clause, and can have that activated at any point of the season, regardless of transfer windows.

Posted this elsewhere but it's probably more relevant here. Interesting to see that La Liga TV (Owned and operated by Premier Sports) have the Barcelona game on at 3pm today... I know they'd spoken about trying to ignore or change the ban but they tried that with their Serie A coverage and they were made to come to any love coverage after 5.15. Not sure if this game is being locked out and is only for Irish customers or if it will be shown in the UK after all. Have they tried this wheeze before with their Spanish coverage?

Really good 3-1 win for Atleti mast night to put them in third in what has been the best week of their season so far. Not only inciting a prolonged headsgone from Liverpool after Tuesday, but the return to fitness of Gimenez, Trippier, Costa and Felix is vital for the rest of the season.

Sluggish start last night and a great hit from Alcacer put Villareal ahead. They never really threatened after that though and Correa was again fantastic, scoring an equaliser and setting up the second. The second was a lovely goal, koke smashing in a header after good work from Correa and Felix. Nice to see Joao Felix get the third, he made a huge impact after coming on and hopefully helps him push on. 

Next week's classico could be interesting. A Barca win against the Vox XI gives them a handy lead which seemed unlikely a couple of weeks ago. The battle for Champs League qualification is really tightening up too. 

20200223_225009.jpg

Edited by JMDP