La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

la liga pretty poor for away supporters.was at Valencia-real sociedad earlier in year,there were a few turned up for that,mingling with home fans quite happily beforehand and I think theyd a small section ogf the ground to themselves

Considering the distances, it hasn't been too bad in the metropolitano this season. Last night was the first time I was surprised. 

Oviedo took 6000 to majadahona for example, so can't just put it down to the myth that Spanish away fans are poor tbh.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Astounded by this.  Really thought Madrid had turned it around.  Squandered a couple of great opportunities at 2-1.

Aye. The Benzema header was a criminal miss.

That header from Suarez to make it 3-1 was fucking great.

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:

If that happens the rumour mill about Hazard to Real would go into overdrive.

Yep!

As for Martinez, he's the second favourite behind Conte, however Conte is very much an authoritative figure who will want complete control which could cause serious friction with Perez who is very much a hands-on president

Read something saying Conte is asking for too much money, and control, while Ramos has seemingly spoken against him.

Martinez is an awful manager and would surely rank as one of their worst, he seems soft enough to let the players manage themselves and let Perez dictate transfers though, so they'll probably go for him.

Wenger/Mourinho shouts are just journalists trying to guess.

I'm tempted to stick something on Laurent Blanc.

21 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Read something saying Conte is asking for too much money, and control, while Ramos has seemingly spoken against him.

Martinez is an awful manager and would surely rank as one of their worst, he seems soft enough to let the players manage themselves and let Perez dictate transfers though, so they'll probably go for him.

Wenger/Mourinho shouts are just journalists trying to guess.

I'm tempted to stick something on Laurent Blanc.

Laurent Blanc could be a good shout, I don't think Conte would work there due to the strength of various personalities at Real Madrid although it could be entertaining to watch.

One thing I have seen pointed out is that if they do hire Roberto Martinez then Shaun Maloney could become Real Madrid's assistant manager

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Laurent Blanc could be a good shout, I don't think Conte would work there due to the strength of various personalities at Real Madrid although it could be entertaining to watch.

One thing I have seen pointed out is that if they do hire Roberto Martinez then Shaun Maloney could become Real Madrid's assistant manager

Got Blanc for 100/1 so no chance ita happening :lol:

I've seen Rayo quite a few times this season and they are absolutely diabolical when put under any sort of pressure. Did so well to get in front, were pressing high up the pitch brilliantly, but inside their own box they're absolutely rotten.

Anyone got any experience of taking a Betis game in at Seville? Am driving up there from Malaga in 3 weeks. Not sure of the lay of the land as regards parking near the stadium. Not sure about getting a ticket on match day as I don't know if the game against Sociadad will sell out. Tickets for game aren't on sale yet anyway.

16 hours ago, yogisbairns said:

Anyone got any experience of taking a Betis game in at Seville? Am driving up there from Malaga in 3 weeks. Not sure of the lay of the land as regards parking near the stadium. Not sure about getting a ticket on match day as I don't know if the game against Sociadad will sell out. Tickets for game aren't on sale yet anyway.

cant talk about betis as ive never been there but id doubt that RS would be seen as a glamour tie and they've a big stadium so surely a ticket wouldn't  be an issue;what I always do is go to the stadium well beforehand,eg morning/afternoon before an evening game,and pick up a ticket then at the club shop,if you don't speak the lingo its less stressful than when theres massive queues.take photo ID in case you need it.i then go and sightsee or whatever.