Brown Retired

harry94

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad to see him retire, obviously gave us a bit of dig in midfield, but if he is going to be struggling with injuries maybe for the best.

We have players ready to step in, Bannan, Morrison, Mcarthur.

Another vote for Hanley being captain. First name on the team sheet every game for me.

What I don't understand about Browns decision is that he had the chance to walk the team out in front of 90,000 spectators at Wembley in a few months time and then the reverse fixture at Hampden.

1 hour ago, Moo said:

What I don't understand about Browns decision is that he had the chance to walk the team out in front of 90,000 spectators at Wembley in a few months time and then the reverse fixture at Hampden.

probably thought that watching the game on the telly instead of watching it go by him on the park was a better option, brown has been brutal for years for scotland, even fit he was a liability at times,

No, I meant Gordon Greer, he is 35 and past it, we should be looking to the future, not continuing to call neverhasbeens like him. His record means nothing, there were 10 other players playing the same time as him remember..........

I never understand the negativity towards Greer, Strachan has been honest regarding his selection.

Until there's somebody better he'll continue to be picked and as he's been playing for Blackburn he'll be in the next squad I imagine.

He's never let us down and your comment about his record meaning nothing is bizarre.

13 hours ago, Rabinho said:

I never understand the negativity towards Greer, Strachan has been honest regarding his selection.
Until there's somebody better he'll continue to be picked mad as he's been playing for Blackburn he'll be in the next squad I imagine.
He's never let us down and your comment about his record meaning nothing is bizarre.

Most of what he says is bizarre to be honest.

He's the epitome of Scotland's attempts at qualification over the last decade - lots of effort but ultimately a total lack of ability.

He's had a few good games for us, weirdly the Georgia game at Ibrox is one that sticks out, but he wont really be missed. Realistically we'd only have got one more campaign out of him anyway.

Archived