Daisley binned

Fide

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlike most on here am all about the quality and not the quantity, imagine ending up like some of the slavering wrecks that appear to invade this forum

In your case no-one needs to imagine.

2 hours ago, ScotSquid said:

Also, can any SNP fan types tell me why there is pearl clutching shock about Daisley and the Spanner account when known misogynist "Angry Salmond" has a column in The National. 

Can someone point me towards Nicolson s outrage about this?

I'm not in the slightest bit bothered about this/these Spanner weirdo/s, far less in shock about it.

The relevance here is that Daisley getting punted for being an unprofessional oddball is a more likely story than your conspiracy theories.

On The National, I know you love a whataboutery based argument about that particular publication. I haven't even picked up a copy of it in my puff, so I'll leave that one to somebody else.

Well. Well. Well.

This is a stunning turn of events. Who would have thought that Nicolson had in fact lied through this affair and had indeed complained to STV about Daisley as part of this meeting with Wishart. And the defend the Nats at all costs crew on here were made a c**t of. Oh dear.

Take a look at @Grinbin5's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Grinbin5/status/767421160904589312?s=09

Well. Well. Well.

This is a stunning turn of events. Who would have thought that Nicolson had in fact lied through this affair and had indeed complained to STV about Daisley as part of this meeting with Wishart. And the defend the Nats at all costs crew on here were made a c**t of. Oh dear.

Take a look at @Grinbin5's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Grinbin5/status/767421160904589312?s=09

No-one here suggested Nicolson hadn't complained, you muppet. They said there was no evidence to support STV binning Daisley on that basis.

39 minutes ago, ScotSquid said:

Well. Well. Well.

Bringing Daisley's twitter pals up at an all party breakfast =/= contacting STV directly about him. 

Unlucky

7 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Except there is evidence.

1. Both Nicolson and Wishart publicly complained. The evidence is there on Twitter.

2. They both met with senior STV officials. Neither deny a meeting took place.

Nicolson denies a meeting tooking a place

ah, there you have more self-righteous, pompous rubbish to go along with Nicolsons awful column in the National in the last few days, to break this down for the really, really slow of mind, if the two MPs complained about Daisley to his employers, they should have thanked them for there input, then publicly back there man, then in the next few weeks, months if Daisleys role changed in someway, so be it and it would keep Wishart and Nicolson at bay, now what we have is the two of them thinking they are much more powerful than they really are

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Except he doesn't. He denies that there was ever a meeting only involving him, Pete Wishart and STV. He freely admitted on Twitter, at 10:18am that he raised the question of Stephen Daisley's Tweets with STV bosses in a face-to-face meeting at one of their breakfast events.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Bringing Daisley's twitter pals up at an all party breakfast =/= contacting STV directly about him. 

Unlucky

Yes it does. If I grab a coffee with a friend I have contacted them. If I say hello to them in a crowded room I have contacted them. If I say "did you see the weather outside" then I have contacted them directly about the weather. If I ask a friend to go and speak to them and ask the same question I have indirectly contacted them about the weather.

20 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Yes it does. If I grab a coffee with a friend I have contacted them. If I say hello to them in a crowded room I have contacted them. If I say "did you see the weather outside" then I have contacted them directly about the weather. If I ask a friend to go and speak to them and ask the same question I have indirectly contacted them about the weather.

25 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Except he doesn't. He denies that there was ever a meeting only involving him, Pete Wishart and STV. He freely admitted on Twitter, at 10:18am that he raised the question of Stephen Daisley's Tweets with STV bosses in a face-to-face meeting at one of their breakfast events.

Are we in a meeting now?

You might be technically correct but I would guess 90% of people would take contacted directly to mean a phone call or email about a particular subject not a blether over the bacon rolls at a breakfast meeting.

Anyway, pedantry aside do you believe the SNP as a party or it's parliamentarians are in the habit of trying to get journalists silenced?

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Are we in a meeting now?

You might be technically correct but I would guess 90% of people would take contacted directly to mean a phone call or email about a particular subject not a blether over the bacon rolls at a breakfast meeting.

Anyway, pedantry aside do you believe the SNP as a party or it's parliamentarians are in the habit of trying to get journalists silenced?

Yes. And we're quorate and everything.

Technically correct = correct.

And yes, I think the SNP as a party and several of its Parliamentarians are overtly hostile to the free press.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Oh dear. 'Unlucky' seems to be the appropriate response here.

So what we now know is that Nicolson and Wishart have spoken with SNP bosses specifically about Daisley. That whole 'STV confirmed the complaints were internal' canard can be shelved.

I'm still skeptical that caused them to bin him from the gig but that's not really the pont. 

This has gone really badly for both Nicolson and Wishart. 

1 hour ago, Ad Lib said:

Yes. And we're quorate and everything.

Technically correct = correct.

And yes, I think the SNP as a party and several of its Parliamentarians are overtly hostile to the free press.

Free from whom/what?

Archived