ADL Thread? ??

colliebhoy

Agree with last post on adl promotion race.
But cant rule out kello who are well and truly in the shake up now ..
Awr maybe steadied ship aftr their wobble of few defeats..
Whitletts result yest a big blow
As when going for promotion
Home games like yest need 3 points ...
Whitletts and kello double header
Will sort out a lot
If either team wins both it will discount the other
And if couple of draws or if they win 1 game each that obv plays into darvel and awr ...
For me darvel to win league
Cos of the way the grind out results ...
Testament to paddy ....
And for what hes been thru
Im rooting for darvel for at least promotion...
And for league in general
Good to see how it will unfold ...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree could be a very interesting couple of weeks in the ADL

I suopose kello r Defo in the mix not sure of their remaining fixtures apart from whittlets twice. 

I think  whittlets have the hardest run in which made me rule them out. But u never no in the juniors especially with mid week games not far away

Not good enough for Vic's yesterday. Wasn't at the match as I was working but from what the boys told me we didn't start trying until it was too late.

Davie we do give out high wages especially for the ADL. Cameron and Balfour are the two highest at the club. Super 1st teams probably don't give their players what they two get.

Need to win all our remaining games now to go up. League looks like it's Darvel's to lose now.

18 minutes ago, Ayr Victoria said:

Not good enough for Vic's yesterday. Wasn't at the match as I was working but from what the boys told me we didn't start trying until it was too late.

Davie we do give out high wages especially for the ADL. Cameron and Balfour are the two highest at the club. Super 1st teams probably don't give their players what they two get.

Need to win all our remaining games now to go up. League looks like it's Darvel's to lose now.

Cannae be we are pish according to u 

no in the same class as u lot 

poor players 

no good enough 

1 hour ago, fanofthejuniors said:

Also meant to add be great to see darvel go up for paddy. Worked with a small budget and a core group of players for a couple of years be good to c his hard work pay off.

which other teams with less of a budget can take spirt from and shows money doesn't always garntee u promotion 

Paddy and that group of boys have been a credit to the club and town regardless whether we go up or not 

been a pleasure to watch that spirit and no lack of ability all season 

Johny Lessmoney paid out on wages from when u was there

And?? That point has zero relevance mate.

Whitletts are entitled to pay players what they want. They have the money as their committee work their socks off to raise funds so credit to them.

But please stop the tiresome rhetoric that you aren't spending far more money than almost every other team in the division and no doubt some in the division above also.

No ones buying it.

Johnnie it would seem Davie and his coaching staff are making excuses about the lack of consistency in results since End of October time.

The committee have backed them 100% making the funds available to gain promotion. This talk of we don't spend money on wages is bollocks and Davie knows it.

Whitletts should be winning this league at a canter with the hard working committee and financial resources we've got but we're failing badly.

Personally I don't think Neil and Jamie are up to the challenge anymore but that's my own opinion.

If we don't gain promotion then they have failed the clubs goals for the season.

I think it's clear teams such as winton and dare I say it whittlets,have larger budgets which allows them to attract better players than the lights of Lugar murkirk Saltcoats. 

I dont c y Astra is maken a big deal of it as it shows they have a hard working committee who are maken funds avilable for the management. 

Or as ayr Victoria pointed out it could be seen as a failure on the management team if promotion is not secured?

Archived