ADL Thread? ??

colliebhoy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Johnnie it would seem Davie and his coaching staff are making excuses about the lack of consistency in results since End of October time.

The committee have backed them 100% making the funds available to gain promotion. This talk of we don't spend money on wages is bollocks and Davie knows it.

Whitletts should be winning this league at a canter with the hard working committee and financial resources we've got but we're failing badly.

Personally I don't think Neil and Jamie are up to the challenge anymore but that's my own opinion.

If we don't gain promotion then they have failed the clubs goals for the season.

Quite an articulate and sensible post from you ayr victoria

Think saying whitletts winning league is degrading to other sides. Yes we maybe do have funds and that is down to a hard working club. But just throwing it about for sake of it is not wat Neil does easy for ppl on outside to look in and comment.

I'm just passionate about my club socexp. I know I like a wind up like Mr Legend sometimes but I know we've given this management team the resources to accomplish the clubs goals this season.

I'm not buying the excuses like we've had too many injuries this season etc. etc. as every team gets injuries throughout a season.

We have a good enough squad IMO to at least finish 2nd and if we don't then the blame lies on the management team.

They're nice fellas Neil and Jamie and I've a lot of time for them but sadly that's football.

8 minutes ago, xastrax said:

Think saying whitletts winning league is degrading to other sides. Yes we maybe do have funds and that is down to a hard working club. But just throwing it about for sake of it is not wat Neil does easy for ppl on outside to look in and comment.

He's degraded us a few times this season as well 

but he's actually done us a favour xastrax 

At times this ADL thread has had some serious banter banded about from people from whitletts and darvel ...
Tit for tat and some insults flying back and forth ..
I dont actually support any of the 4 teams in the shake up
But definately the most exciting end to season as i can rememember with 2 from 4 still able to get promoted ..
Whitletts do seem to get a bit of stick on budget finance situation ..
Which is quite ironic as i can remember real tough times in years gone by..
Credit to commitee i do think for a few seasons now whitletts as a club have been ready to progress to next level .however imo on playing side have come up a bit short in being able to get out of this league after at stages in season looking likely to get promoted .
As in any league campaign
Generally speaking the table never lies after all fixtures complete ...
I can understand frustration from whitletts if this season is another season like last 2 or 3 .
But they still in good position
And all to play for
Mental strength from here on in
Will be required to finish in top 2 .
As i said best adl in long time
Exciting to watch

Darvel should win the league from this position, Kello have done great and really are in the mix. I really don't think whitletts can be counted out yet like many seem to be doing! AWR still got a good chance with a lot of football still to be played!!

Johnnie it would seem Davie and his coaching staff are making excuses about the lack of consistency in results since End of October time.

The committee have backed them 100% making the funds available to gain promotion. This talk of we don't spend money on wages is bollocks and Davie knows it.

Whitletts should be winning this league at a canter with the hard working committee and financial resources we've got but we're failing badly.

Personally I don't think Neil and Jamie are up to the challenge anymore but that's my own opinion.

If we don't gain promotion then they have failed the clubs goals for the season.

Out of curiosity how long have the management team been in place? Has there main objective and budget every season been promotion? If this is there 3rd attempt without success then I agree with you send them on there way with a thank you for the effort and bring someone in who will get you over the line. If it's the 2nd season give them another chance and see if they can do it next season.

1 hour ago, Ayr Victoria said:

I'm just passionate about my club socexp. I know I like a wind up like Mr Legend sometimes but I know we've given this management team the resources to accomplish the clubs goals this season.

I'm not buying the excuses like we've had too many injuries this season etc. etc. as every team gets injuries throughout a season.

We have a good enough squad IMO to at least finish 2nd and if we don't then the blame lies on the management team.

They're nice fellas Neil and Jamie and I've a lot of time for them but sadly that's football.

I don't think your passionate about your team, your far too quick to criticise your team. You like to talk how brilliant they are when winning but as soon as a defeat comes along you want to change management. The others are obviously right to call you coco because you certainly are a clown!! I would like see what kind of job you would make at managing a team. 

The form in the ADL for promotion has always been win 16, lose 3 and draw 3. Generally anything less than that and you're not going up. Darvel, Kello and Winton are the only teams that can currently achieve this target. Maybe this year will be different but the history of the league tells you that will pretty much guarantee you're up. A very interesting run in ahead!!

Terry we started the season like a train and since the winter came we've been too soft and played appalling at times. if we go up this year then I still feel Neil and Jamie will need to go in order to secure our safety in the Super 1st.

I just don't think they've got it sadly.

19 minutes ago, Darvel Pie said:

Looking at the fixtures that have still to be played, Darvel could still afford to lose 2 games and still be promoted

If you were to lose 2 games there would be a possibility that you'd finish 3rd with any two of the other three being above you. Highly unlikely but mathematically possible.

With the games remaining I fully expect Darvel to be champions, think the battle will be for 2nd for the others.

At times this ADL thread has had some serious banter banded about from people from whitletts and darvel ...
Tit for tat and some insults flying back and forth ..
I dont actually support any of the 4 teams in the shake up
But definately the most exciting end to season as i can rememember with 2 from 4 still able to get promoted ..
Whitletts do seem to get a bit of stick on budget finance situation ..
Which is quite ironic as i can remember real tough times in years gone by..
Credit to commitee i do think for a few seasons now whitletts as a club have been ready to progress to next level .however imo on playing side have come up a bit short in being able to get out of this league after at stages in season looking likely to get promoted .
As in any league campaign
Generally speaking the table never lies after all fixtures complete ...
I can understand frustration from whitletts if this season is another season like last 2 or 3 .
But they still in good position
And all to play for
Mental strength from here on in
Will be required to finish in top 2 .
As i said best adl in long time
Exciting to watch

Great post mate ...

Whitletts remind me a wee bit like Troon when Kirkwood was trying to get them up.
Knocked at the door a few times and eventually when they did get up they then kept the upward trajectory all the way to top half of premier...

Sometimes you just gotta be patient and it will come.

Whitletts like Troon are very organised off the pitch and more than ready for step up ...

Although I don't think it will be this year as still Darvel & Winton for me.

Winton getting the boy in from Beith a huge boost just at the right time.

Archived