ADL Thread? ??

colliebhoy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They weren't playing yesterday so it'll maybe help next week against Shettleston.

I saw Michael Reilly wasn't playing again sir. why was that!? Would've loved him to come to Vic's in the summer but he obviously chose to continue at the higher level.
Cracking player, especially at Annbank.

47 minutes ago, Ubidizzy said:

They have had few mate but the way things have panned out an the fact they have a strong squad Paddy has managed to field a team capable off winning any game in the league hopefully things will keep going in this direction and who knows hopefully promotion maybe league winners only time will tell.

I didn't think you's could have had many.

We hear what happened to ardrossan. How about all credit to kello they went out won and are now in the mix to. Going to be interesting finish

As I said in an earlier post .. Kello & Dalry prob 2 of the best teams we have played ..
maybe we got them in a good day but both will have a say in who goes up...

A few twists to come.
As soccer ex says. All about who can handle the pressure.. [emoji460]

I seen in the paper during the week that girvan has signed Ballantyne and Hilton onloan from Ayr. I found it strange that Annbank would let there captain and probably there best creative player go when Annbank still have big games left. I suppose this is one of the negatives when you've got this tie in with Ayr, they call the shots.

On a plus for Girvan it gives us a better squad to choose from. 

The boys approached us and asked to move to play at higher level..

We wish them well and although not ideal it's part and parcel of fitba and where we are at...

They both did well for us and the fact Jamie was skipper shows what we thought of him.

Both quality players and that's 4 of my best players Peter has taken in the last year... [emoji15]

I find it strange also. Did Annbank have any say in this? Loan spells are normally for specific periods. I wouldn't like to think that Ayr United are calling the shots at my team. I think there were a number of occasions last season where Lugar had to postpone games due to Ayr having development games close to Lugar's fixtures.
I seem to remember this a number of years ago Glenafton had a number of the squad signed and Ayr called them all up on the Saturday of Scottish Junior cup tie. The lesson seems to be to only have one or two loans not a squad full like Annbank or Lugar have had. Lugar had to rebuild a squad and replace a management team who were coaches at the senior side.

You can only have 4 loans mate.

The rest need to be signed players.

54 minutes ago, Ayr Victoria said:

I saw Michael Reilly wasn't playing again sir. why was that!? Would've loved him to come to Vic's in the summer but he obviously chose to continue at the higher level.
Cracking player, especially at Annbank.

Not sure why he wasn't playing yesterday. Got a strong squad now so players will need to earn the right to play. I'm sure Peter will have his reasons.

37 minutes ago, Ginola97 said:

We wish them well and although not ideal it's part and parcel of fitba and where we are at...

They both did well for us and the fact Jamie was skipper shows what we thought of him.

Both quality players and that's 4 of my best players Peter has taken in the last year... emoji15.png

Would u not say that shows a lack of ambition on Annbanks part. At the start they committed to yourselves now they want to play at a higher level, you wished them well and let them go. 

Do you not think you have opened a can of worms here by allowing that to happen?  You might get a few players chapping the door wanting to move to a higher level.

Would u not say that shows a lack of ambition on Annbanks part. At the start they committed to yourselves now they want to play at a higher level, you wished them well and let them go. 

Do you not think you have opened a can of worms here by allowing that to happen?  You might get a few players chapping the door wanting to move to a higher level.

In my time we have always listened to players and helped them develop...

Difficult on our budget to stop them moving to teams in higher leagues...

Historically Annbank have produced decent players who then moved to larger junior clubs going back to Danny & Tucker & going through to Stevie White & Adam Forsyth etc.

Unfortunately that's where we are as a club as with population of 700 or so we must be one of the smallest junior teams still in existence....[emoji460]

All valid points but the same as many clubs in the adl. Bigger teams come and get there better players but usually in the summer. To allow them to go during a season is strange because they wanted to better themselves.

Did Davie White call the shots on this 1 and said it's happening?

Heard yesterday that 1 of your management team was not happy about this.

Lots of players move clubs in January at all levels and that's 3 we have lost in the last month.
2 to Girvan and 2 to Whitletts and 1 to Maybole..
Nothing strange in it as we have also signed 2 from Stranraer and 1 from Lugar plus a loan from Girvan and have also made an offer on another player.

All recent activity involves discussion with management and staff.... no one calling any shots and if you know me you wouldn't even have asked that question ... Ha

We do what we think is best for club mate simples.

Think you reading to much into it pal ... [emoji15][emoji460]

1 hour ago, Ginola97 said:

Both quality players and that's 4 of my best players Peter has taken in the last year... emoji15.png

If you were in the league winning/promotion positions would you still say the same and let them go? promotion takes them up a  level!

Those 2 boys asked to move to girvan where as the others were moved on. Apart from 1 who's contract was up.

It's good to see Annbank having a competitive team on the pitch again:thumsup2as reading your posts at the time things became a bit of a struggle.:thumbsdown

4 hours ago, Ayr Victoria said:

Ardrossan seem to be in a downward spiral now. Good news for us especially if we win all our remaining games then we're champions.

U won't win all ur games u clown 

you's just aren't very good 

management hanging on to a job after defeat fae Talbot ? 

Surely that's unacceptable

Archived