ADL Thread? ??

colliebhoy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, ardeerultra said:

The best centre half in the ADL (IMO) Is ardeer captain Jamie Donnelly, although Darren is up there. McGowan was good when Dalry beat us up there. Well organised. Michael Holden at ardeer is also a cracking centre half.

However 3 points the mora against Dalry some cracking signings made

Take it both weren't at there best today ? 

I seen in the paper during the week that girvan has signed Ballantyne and Hilton onloan from Ayr. I found it strange that Annbank would let there captain and probably there best creative player go when Annbank still have big games left. I suppose this is one of the negatives when you've got this tie in with Ayr, they call the shots.

On a plus for Girvan it gives us a better squad to choose from. 

6 minutes ago, lineo said:

I seen in the paper during the week that girvan has signed Ballantyne and Hilton onloan from Ayr. I found it strange that Annbank would let there captain and probably there best creative player go when Annbank still have big games left. I suppose this is one of the negatives when you've got this tie in with Ayr, they call the shots.

And weakens annbank , all is good 

45 minutes ago, Ardeer Boy said:

Can't read anywhere where Darvel have beaten Ardeer this season, humpded Darvel in Ardagh and drew in league and  still to play once - bring it on

Every game for Darvel is a must win to keep the chance of promotion in their own hands but the same can be said for the other contenders and points will be dropped along the way, a lot of football still to be played and if it comes down to determination Darvel have a great chance of promotion.

Promotion is in Darvels hands and supporters seem really confident about winning league, not just get promotion. Anything can still happen with shock results and injuries. I haven't heard Darvel complain much about injuries so I presume they haven't had many!

39 minutes ago, lineo said:

I find it strange also. Did Annbank have any say in this? Loan spells are normally for specific periods. I wouldn't like to think that Ayr United are calling the shots at my team. I think there were a number of occasions last season where Lugar had to postpone games due to Ayr having development games close to Lugar's fixtures.

I seem to remember this a number of years ago Glenafton had a number of the squad signed and Ayr called them all up on the Saturday of Scottish Junior cup tie. The lesson seems to be to only have one or two loans not a squad full like Annbank or Lugar have had. Lugar had to rebuild a squad and replace a management team who were coaches at the senior side.

23 minutes ago, iPhone said:

Promotion is in Darvels hands and supporters seem really confident about winning league, not just get promotion. Anything can still happen with shock results and injuries. I haven't heard Darvel complain much about injuries so I presume they haven't had many!

They have had few mate but the way things have panned out an the fact they have a strong squad Paddy has managed to field a team capable off winning any game in the league hopefully things will keep going in this direction and who knows hopefully promotion maybe league winners only time will tell.

I'm not sure if they did or not. I don't think they would have because your basically throwing in the towel if you allowed 2 of your best players to move on. It's also unfair on the teams that have already played Annbank twice as they have played them at the strongest when clearly now they won't be. 

It certainly helped Girvan yesterday sir. ;)

Archived