ADL Thread? ??

colliebhoy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea. Perhaps some chat on there that wasn't worthwhile.

Anyway, good results for both Ardeer and Darvel in the League Cup tonight. Thistle qualifying from the group for the first time in a decade or so.

7 hours ago, wylieboy said:

Thread gone due to league being won by whitletts before ball being kicked so nothing to report

Took in the Girvan v Whitletts game last night and Girvan were poor but equalised late on to knock Whitletts out of the running to qualify.Whitletts supporters next to me said they were shocking on Saturday against Annbank and I'm surprised there has been no reaction to last nights game. Balfour was through on the goalie at 1-0 in the second half and rounded the keeper for a tap in and with open goals with no one near him in the middle of the park at the edge of the box put it by the post. No one could believe he missed it and would have won the game for Whitletts and can only assume it hit a bobble but the park seemed okay during the game. I have never seen a miss like that one last night in all my years watching football.

We were by far the dominant side in the match from start to finish and if Balfour scores it's game over.

Girvan will come straight back down this season as they simply don't have the players this season to deal with the step up I feel.

We should've won the match comfortably last night but for missed chances.

4 hours ago, Ayr Victoria said:

We were by far the dominant side in the match from start to finish and if Balfour scores it's game over.

Girvan will come straight back down this season as they simply don't have the players this season to deal with the step up I feel.

We should've won the match comfortably last night but for missed chances.

I did say that Girvan were poor last night to which the Girvan supporters were honest enough to say that at the game but they still have a chance to qualify looking at the league section. Over the last couple of seasons the boasts coming from Whitletts fans on this site at the beginning of the season  is that they would be promoted and they still languish in the ADL, if you look at the results so far it looks like the teams are going to be promoted are between Ardrossan Winton Rovers, Ardeer, Darvel,Whitletts and Annbank. This is going to be the toughest league for a good number of years and I don't think Whitletts are a certainty to win promotion although they might have a say in who gets promoted.

I see Carlo had a wee rant about Whitletts in the Post this week. Thats us and Girvan both had it from him. Should maybe think about keeping his mouth shut and concentrating on his own team who look like there struggling bigtime at the moment.

Adl this year i think could have teams promoted on a lower points total than normal due to massive improvements to many teams ,in turn will have 5 or 6 teams in the promotion race for much longer .Exciting season ahead 

Where do I get them mate

They are on the SJFA website, although I think there were problems with it at some point.

Craigmarks first four are Saltcoats (H), Ardrossan (A), Annbank (H), Darvel (A). No others scheduled yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived