Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

One major positive of this one will be whenever I'm linked with a player.

Scottish Cup Winners Hibernian is much better than recent editions of beaten cup finalists or recently relegated :(

Hopefully there's more variety of goals because the cross to backpost where your full back has momentarily gone to sleep gets very boring.  

Something I hope is sorted in this edition and going forward- away supports. I'm East Fife 3 seasons in and in the Championship. I'm 19 games in, 2 points off top and away to bottom side Morton. Apparently though we'll only take 10 fans, come on eh?! A hundred, maybe a few hundred at this stage, but 10? Sod off.

In-game, players of Football Manager 2017 will be alerted at some point between two and 10 years in that trade negotiations have begun, and a year later a news bulletin will detail the extent of Brexit. There are three main scenarios:

Soft Brexit - free movement of workers remains.

Footballers are granted the same special exemptions that are currently given to ‘entertainers’. This means it is easier for them to obtain work permits than other people, and it will not have a huge impact on player movement from the EU.

Hard Brexit: similar rules to those which currently apply to non-EU players are adopted for all non-UK players.

According to this article, there's a scenario where you might see Scotland leave the UK and join the EU alone. - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/18/brexit-is-simulated-in-football-manager-2017-and-its-going-to-ma/

With the beta out today, please remember that the database still has time for errors to be updated.

With that said...

Known Issues: 

Andy Murdoch at Dunfermline instead of Morton
Jamie Hall and Callum Wilson not at Partick Thistle
St. Johnstone Head Physio out of date
Perry Kitchen's DC rating too high
Liam Gordon has a 9 for goals in his history rather than a 0
Thomas Dempsie and Jack Paterson missing from Killie
Rafa De Vita not yet at Livingston
Allan Walker still at Berwick
Josh Skelly still on loan at Arbroath
Ryan Booth not on loan to Inverurie Loco Works
Tony Quinn still at Queen's Park
Aurelian Mazel still at Stirling
Brett Long still on loan at Forfar

Not Issues:

Anyone under the age of 16 as of 1/9/16 will not be included in the game. As such, the 13 year old Dembele at Celtic won't be in FM17 and neither will the 14 year old who played for Dundee's development side.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just realised my Spoiler doesn't show on mobile.

It was a tweet from Miles Jacobson about the beta being released tonight at 7ish

the beta is now out (and is 2.7GB)

full info here 

First week done, and I've already had Rangers lowballing me for Brian Easton, and then his agent throwing a strop after I can't agree to doubling his wages, while my fans create conspiracy theories on "social media" about Ricky Fosters injury.

Realistic so far.

Meanwhile at the Hall of Justice... anyone recommend a decent left winger? Once again Hibs' main area of weakness is the lack of a left winger. Sure Harris and Boyle can play there but I'd rather have a player who is a natural left winger

Get random German on trial, fans on social media demand to know what hes done to deserve a trial :lol: Loving that aspect of things now, also enjoying the increased coach interaction.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Get random German on trial, fans on social media demand to know what hes done to deserve a trial :lol: Loving that aspect of things now, also enjoying the increased coach interaction.

Really? As I expected its pointless nonsense. Everything thats been on so far has had one, or two, people saying its the worst thing ever and another one, or two, saying its great. The fact that it defaults to this pish instead of your inbox is already driving me nuts

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Really? As I expected its pointless nonsense. Everything thats been on so far has had one, or two, people saying its the worst thing ever and another one, or two, saying its great. The fact that it defaults to this pish instead of your inbox is already driving me nuts

Yeah its quite fun, I found the old "news" pretty pointless so this at least adds a dimension. I'm also intrigued to see if it really does develop as fan opinion of you changes.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah its quite fun, I found the old "news" pretty pointless so this at least adds a dimension. I'm also intrigued to see if it really does develop as fan opinion of you changes.

Whats fun about it? I just signed Carmichael for Queens (should already have been there but never mind)

One fan is "infatuated", one says its "no lose", one says "whats he done?" and the other says "dont get the complaints"

Its like a more nonsensical version of the press interviews