Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

I completely forgot about Brexit in the game, I'm into 2018 now and don't think I've seen anything about it, here's hoping.

Sometimes the Brexit situation you get does nothing, the WP rules don't change.  

Morton update.  All is not well in my 2018-19 season as Morton.  10 games into the Prem season and I am near the bottom, despite changes to my formation and new defenders, my defending is still rubbish.  I ship far too many goals.  At least I beat Sevco 4-0!  Only league clean sheet so far this season

3rd season with Saints, start well which means I inevitably turn to shit, end up needing 9pts in five games to save my job.

I'd discovered a tactic that had us flying and winning matches, but maybe too late as I need to beat Motherwell, who sit a few places above me. 0-0 and they get a man sent off after 30 minutes. I end the match with 20 shots on target, I only have Key highlights shown but most come up, and most are wondersaves. I hit the post five times.

Motherwell score a 30 yard screamer with their only shot, scored by a 16 year old with a 6 rating for long shots.

FM closed down, never be to opened up again.

Sold a young player for 400k - plenty money there to get a more than good enough replacement and money to burn. Didn't even get a fucking penny of that towards my budget.

First they sell Matthew Knox for pennies and now this, really losing my patience with the Livi board :lol:

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Knox is a great investment for any Scottish club at the beginning. Can be signed for roughly 30-40k and sold on for 500k-1mill depending on your board. That was pre patch though.

He was starting to score quite regularly for me, getting offers around 100k slowly trying to get them up to 150/200, board accept something near 60k and he's off. Raging didn't cover it.

Couple years on and he's in League 1 with Killie, obviously didn't reach his potential...

Returned to my Dortmund save, and remembered how much of a monster Oliver Burke had turned into...

Those physicals :wub: Those goals/assist stats :wub:

DYq5tRa.png

Had a notion of playing this and found it for £20 online and went for it on a whim.

I'm more of a fan of long saves ever since giving the San Marino Challenge a go a few years back.

I don't have as much time to invest these days but I've always had the notion of going a club in one of the French colonies and eventually having a crack at Coupe de France. Downloaded the megapack of leagues off the Internet to start my road to failure soon.

That said I'll probably rage quit pretty soon.

Almost punched f**k out my laptop twice this morning. Leading 2-0 against Annan with Arbroath, then bottle a 2 goal lead in the second half. Get it back to 4-2 then bottle it again. Playing Edinburgh City, 2-0 up at HT and lose 3-2. Can't seem to close games out, any tips?8 games into the season and haven't won since the opening day.

On 09/03/2017 at 19:32, grumswall said:

Knox is a great investment for any Scottish club at the beginning. Can be signed for roughly 30-40k and sold on for 500k-1mill depending on your board. That was pre patch though.

Knox, in my saves, generally fails to improve beyond a bottom half Premiership side. Often ending up back in the Championship after 4-5 seasons. Fairly sure some of his stats are random though, so he probably varies in quality per save.

Found the same with Ryan Hoggan, never really progresses to what you're expecting.

On 3/12/2017 at 05:14, RandomGuy. said:

Knox, in my saves, generally fails to improve beyond a bottom half Premiership side. Often ending up back in the Championship after 4-5 seasons. Fairly sure some of his stats are random though, so he probably varies in quality per save.

Found the same with Ryan Hoggan, never really progresses to what you're expecting.

I have Knox in my game to try to build an entirely Scottish Celtic team, it's only the start of 2017/18 but he has played pretty well in the handful of first team games I have given him, including goals in the League Cup against Motherwell and in the league against Dundee.  His rating has improved to 2 stars with potential for 4+ stars.  Will probably send him on loan to a Premiership team this season, but want to get through Champions League qualifiers where there is a chance to play him in the second leg of qualifiers, such as my next one at Parkhead against Partizan Belgrade, I won the first leg away 6-1

I signed hogan and knox at the start of my rovers save. Knox went for about 15x what I paid for him to celtic after 1 season having been out on loan. Hoggan was my backup to Thomson so didn't get much game time but done a job and also went after 1 season to Dundee utd at a 40k profit or so.

The update seems to have knackered getting knox now. I started a new rovers save and it was impossible to get livi to take under 100k from me even though he went for 29k + to some English team, I forget the name.

After a year and a bit in my most recent save I'm able to field a pretty strong All Scottish Celtic team, although it's not the strongest team I can field with my players, that team has 8 Scots.  

Here is my Strongest all Scottish team

Gordon

Tierney   J. Souttar   Hanley   C. Paterson

J. McGinn     Brown

Mackay-Steven  Armstrong   Forrest

Griffiths

Here is my overall strongest team

Gordon

Tierney  Sviatchenko  Hanley  Lustig

J. McGinn    Brown

Sinclair    Armstrong   Forrest

Griffiths

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seriously, who structures their team with the left back on that side of it? OFTW I reckon.

Sorry, I accidentally reversed them.  Is this better?

Gordon

C. Paterson  J. Souttar   Hanley   Tierney

J. McGinn     Brown

Forrest   Armstrong   Mackay-Steven

Griffiths

Here is my overall strongest team

Gordon

Lustig Sviatchenko  Hanley Tierney

J. McGinn    Brown

Forrest  Armstrong   Sinclair  

Griffiths