Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

I agree with earlier poster. Your jinxed with saints

I shall not wilt in the darkness, nor fail through the night...

Followed up my winless start by only losing two of the next ten (away to County, away to Hearts). Only won four of those ten though. Sitting 7th, 4 points of 6th, and 6 off 5th.

just had a player(worth £160K) go in the huff after i turned downed an offer worth £55K for him. He asked to be allowed to move to said club so i replied as long as they offer me a recent amount followed by him asking what would be the decent offer (£200K) he repeatedly  asking me to set it at about half his worth and is now unhappy at me for not letting him go 

Playing as Annan. Finally got a Counter attacking 4-4-2 working. it leaks a few chances but at the League 2 level not all teams take the chances.

Finished 6th first season which was spent tweaking the system. Nobody ever makes tactics to suit the lower leagues. I signed Aidan Smith, Struan McArthur, Stephen Rennie, Shaun Rutherford and Ross Millen. 

This season has started well with Betfred Cup games losing 2-0 to Dundee (reduced to 10 men), Beat Albion Rovers 7-1, Fight back to beat St Mirren 3-2, Finished the group with a 2-2 draw with Alloa beating them 7-6 on pens. Sit 2nd in the group.

Conner Liddell has been the surprise scoring 8 Goals in 3 games. Interesting to see if he can better last seasons 21 goals in 32 games.

Started a game with Coventry. Been much easier than I'd expected tbh. Got promoted first season after finishing second (predicted 14th) and now sitting first in the Championship after 10 games but I'd expect to fall away at some point. Got #JC35, Mark O'Hara, Peter Grant and Tony Gallacher all starting regularly and doing well. Very pleasing. 

just had a player(worth £160K) go in the huff after i turned downed an offer worth £55K for him. He asked to be allowed to move to said club so i replied as long as they offer me a recent amount followed by him asking what would be the decent offer (£200K) he repeatedly  asking me to set it at about half his worth and is now unhappy at me for not letting him go 

After about 2.5 months of reserve football he decides that he wants to stay a week before his replacement in the team gets injured

On 04/01/2017 at 20:14, Zing. said:

Started a game with Coventry. Been much easier than I'd expected tbh. Got promoted first season after finishing second (predicted 14th) and now sitting first in the Championship after 10 games but I'd expect to fall away at some point. Got #JC35, Mark O'Hara, Peter Grant and Tony Gallacher all starting regularly and doing well. Very pleasing. 

Aye, fell apart in December/January. Fallen from 1st to 7th, still got about 15 games left I think. Was predicted to get relegated so should still end up being a decent season. Don't think I'll get the funds to strengthen properly so might have to sell Cummings (now ridiculously valued at 6 million). 

Aye, fell apart in December/January. Fallen from 1st to 7th, still got about 15 games left I think. Was predicted to get relegated so should still end up being a decent season. Don't think I'll get the funds to strengthen properly so might have to sell Cummings (now ridiculously valued at 6 million). 

Cummings is brilliant on FM. I signed him for £1 million in season 2 for Leeds now on season 6 he's worth £23 million :lol:

Bought 2017 this morning. First one I've had since 2014. Decided to go Accies, and I signed David Henen on loan and Tom Taiwo from Falkirk, as I didn't have anyone to play as a defensive RM. After a ropey pre-season, I played my first competitive game in the League Cup against Clyde away. Won 5-1 with Henen getting 4 :lol: Got a good feeling about this lol.

43 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Having Ryan Hardie on loan is basically a cheat mode. Scored 32 goals before going back to Rangers in January.

I love him, playing him as a False Nine and re-signed him on loan until the end of the 17/18 season :P

Started one with Birmingham, was sitting in relegation zone for most of the season. Started picking up a few wins and the chairman told me to get 11pts out of the next 5 games or I'd be sacked. I failed to do so and got sacked. Then took the Nottingham Forest job who are higher up in the league with a much better team. 

Anyone else find it incredibly hard in the league but easy in the cups?

I love him, playing him as a False Nine and re-signed him on loan until the end of the 17/18 season [emoji14]

I wasn't as lucky, he went back to Rangers and wouldn't return to Saints.

Managed to grind out 2nd place and go up via the play offs without him. Falkirk beat Morton and were exhausted when I played them so i comfortably beat them 7-2 in aggregate. Best ICT 4-3 away after drawing 3-3 at home. The defence is awful.

Wee tip if you get promoted though. Broadfoot is available on a free in the summer, got him on £900 a week, he's a key player.

I wasn't as lucky, he went back to Rangers and wouldn't return to Saints.

Managed to grind out 2nd place and go up via the play offs without him. Falkirk beat Morton and were exhausted when I played them so i comfortably beat them 7-2 in aggregate. Best ICT 4-3 away after drawing 3-3 at home. The defence is awful.

Wee tip if you get promoted though. Broadfoot is available on a free in the summer, got him on £900 a week, he's a key player.

Nightmare, he's the only striker capable of scoring in my squad, that must've been a right b*****d.

Well done on getting promoted, how's the Prem faring for you? Any improvement on the defence? It's fucking chronic for me as well, cannot wait to punt every single one of the useless oafs.

Yeah Shankland and Sutton stepped up to the mark to be fair to them.

Lost Lewis Morgan for 150k to Rangers in January but managed to sign that Boiregdar (spelling), Dutch guy who was at Celtic, he's on a free. Bit pricey, 1k a week but he helped clinch promotion.

Top leagues really hard. Didn't score for the first 3 games, then won 3 in a row.

Signed Jordan White and Declan McManus on frees. That's my strike force plus Sutton who is pretty much past it at that level.

Signed Charlie Telfer on a free to replace Mallan, Hearts robbed him off me. The board accepted about 400k.

Iv relied on the loan system, if your go about the big clubs like Arsenal, Ac Milan ect they'll sometimes loan you a decent young player for nothing, which helps. Will try get a screenshot, I'm on my mobile just now.

Decided to have a wee go in the Championship, and where better than Dundee United. First season was a success. Signed Lewis Vaughan from Raith who banged them in with Matty Knox and Zak Rudden as back up.

Won the league with 5 to spare, won the Irn Bru Cup beating Hibs 4-0 in the final, lost the Scottish Cup final to Celtic beating Rangers and Aberdeen along the way and got to the Quarters of the Betfred Cup losing 5-0 Hearts.

Sold Charlie Telfer for £625k in January to Derby and Coll Donaldson for £130k to Gillingham in summer. But Thompson is a tight arse and I got practically hee haw to spend. Didn't sign too many players, Paul Hanlon from Hibs for £150k and an Argentinian winger called Bazan on a free.

Struggled for form in the Premiership, and picked up just 2 wins from 10, against Aberdeen and Celtic funnily. Sacking was imminent and a 2-1 defeat to Rangers meant I had to jump before pushed.

Spend 6 month unemployed hoping to get back in to a Championship club. Was linked with Hibs but didn't materialise, the took Steven Pressley instead. [emoji23]

Knocked back offers from Elgin, Albion and Montrose before finally accepting an offer from Cowdenbeath in May 2018.

Romped League 2 in my first season, with the highlights being a 8-1 win vs Annan, 7-0 away to Edinburgh City and 7-1 vs Cumbernauld (promoted via playoffs). Dished out a few other skelpings scoring 99 goals in total.

Just finished my 2nd season in charge. Lost the League One title on the last day to Ayr. Won the playoffs relegating Dumbarton, beating them 5-1 at The Rock and 4-0 at Central Park.

Spectacularly I also took the Blue Brazil to the semi's of the Scottish Cup. Comfortable wins vs Brechin and Cumbernauld saw me face Aberdeen. A 2-1 win put us in the Quarters where we beat Partick 2-0. Lost 4-2 in extra time to Hibs at Hampden in the semi finals.

The Championship awaits!