Orange and Proud Dropped by Volvic

MEADOWXI

Glad to see its changed days.

Can remember at Hampden we got a Red Ultras banner removed by Police.

Yet up the other end the Old Club were allowed a "the future is bright, the future is orange" banner right behind the goal, right on camera. Couple of guys kicked out for trying to argue this point with Strathclyde's finest.

Needless to say the MSM lapped it up, constantly referring to "The Orange Final" claiming it was some form of celebration of the Orc Dutch contingent.

Sad c unts. Sad times.

22 hours ago, H Wragg said:

Meanwhile at Parkheid Cross... :lol:
You couldn't make it up!

244e52377f3c06b5579f17e44c3ddaa9_thumb.jpg

To give matters some perspective, the driving instructors next door have their sign in large orange letters, meanwhile the Coral betting shop further along the road from the Betfred is in their usual blue and white colours, the Ladbrokes is red and white.

Glasgow has more betting shops per head of population than anywhere else in Britain, and Betfred's local regional management probably approved of the colourscheme as a gimmick to give them an edge in attracting the more "touched" part of the local market for gambling.

To give matters some perspective, the driving instructors next door have their sign in large orange letters, meanwhile the Coral betting shop further along the road from the Betfred is in their usual blue and white colours, the Ladbrokes is red and white.

Glasgow has more betting shops per head of population than anywhere else in Britain, and Betfred's local regional management probably approved of the colourscheme as a gimmick to give them an edge in attracting the more "touched" part of the local market for gambling.

Why you so desperate to excuse it here but can't wait to stick the boot into Rangers/orange?

6 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Why you so desperate to excuse it here but can't wait to stick the boot into Rangers/orange?

Probably because Rangers fans who indulge this backwards pish and indeed the Orange Order themselves are utter fucking vermin.

Hope that helps.

23 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Helps clarify that you're an utter bigot yes.

Id say he's pretty spot on with his assesment of it to be fair.

Im guessing you're one of those brain donors who actually believe that pish the orange order spout about them not being a sectarian organisation who are all inclusive good guys with not an ounce of anti catholicism about them.

On 20 August 2016 at 22:38, H Wragg said:

Meanwhile at Parkheid Cross... :lol:
You couldn't make it up!

244e52377f3c06b5579f17e44c3ddaa9_thumb.jpg

Parkhead is actually not an overly celtic area in the same way larkhall can be considered a rangers area  , it's split fairly evenly with supporters from both sides 

19 minutes ago, Ted Bundy. said:

Id say he's pretty spot on with his assesment of it to be fair.

Im guessing you're one of those brain donors who actually believe that pish the orange order spout about them not being a sectarian organisation who are all inclusive good guys with not an ounce of anti catholicism about them.

Why are some groups such as the orange villified for being anti Catholic Church where as other groups such as pro-abortionists , gay rights and some left wing movements etc are praised for their anti Catholic Church views . Just a genuine question? 

4 minutes ago, forever_blue said:

Why are some groups such as the orange villified for being anti Catholic Church where as other groups such as pro-abortionists , gay rights and some left wing movements etc are praised for their anti Catholic Church views . Just a genuine question? 

My experience of the orange is of them being anti Catholic full stop, I'm sure the majority of the population have similar experiences.

12 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

My experience of the orange is of them being anti Catholic full stop, I'm sure the majority of the population have similar experiences.

I would say the orange order are certainly against the Catholic Church and it's various hierarchy ,think the majority who are offended and feel antagonised , and tend to make a song and dance regarding expressing their outrage at any parade by the orange order tend to be more supporters of Irish republicanism than practicing Catholics .  however interestingly if you asked a selected number of practicing Catholics who have little to no interest in Irish politics what parade they would find the most offended by and against between an orange parade, a pro abortion demonstration or a gay rights parade , what do you think the outcome would be ?

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Well for a start, you're the one making a connection between Rangers and the Orange Order, so let's get that part cleared up.

Secondly, it's the Orange Order that's spat the dummy over the matter of their own volition - no one forced them to come out with that ridiculous statement that's left them open to lampoon.

Thirdly, as said, I was merely putting matters into perspective. I could have gone on to point out there's plenty of Betfred's in other colours besides, for example red, and that this was far from being the only green Bedfred, eg. at Englefield Green in Surrey.

betfred.jpg

23062205.jpg

Part of the reason this happens is small independent bookies either selling up to or joining the Bedfred group unable to compete with local Corals/Ladbrokes/William Hills all appearing nearby, & so retaining whatever paint scheme was outside to begin with.

The one below in Manchester is probably in red because it's in the "Chinatown" area, & red is traditionally seen as a "lucky" colour amongst the Chinese (hence the Cardiff City rebranding fiasco of a few years ago...)

nzejjd.jpg

Every day a school day, although Chlamy you seem doomed to never learn your lesson...

14 minutes ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Well for a start, you're the one making a connection between Rangers and the Orange Order, so let's get that part cleared up.

Secondly, it's the Orange Order that's spat the dummy over the matter of their own volition - no one forced them to come out with that ridiculous statement that's left them open to lampoon.

Thirdly, as said, I was merely putting matters into perspective. I could have gone on to point out there's plenty of Betfred's in other colours besides, for example red, and that this was far from being the only green Bedfred, eg. at Englefield Green in Surrey.

betfred.jpg

23062205.jpg

Part of the reason this happens is small independent bookies either selling up to or joining the Bedfred group unable to compete with local Corals/Ladbrokes/William Hills all appearing nearby, & so retaining whatever paint scheme was outside to begin with.

The one below in Manchester is probably in red because it's in the "Chinatown" area, & red is traditionally seen as a "lucky" colour amongst the Chinese (hence the Cardiff City rebranding fiasco of a few years ago...)

nzejjd.jpg

Every day a school day, although Chlamy you seem doomed to never learn your lesson...

What are you waffling on about in regard to betfred ? The one being green at parkhead cross I am willing to bet has heehaw to do with rangers or celtic ,as I said parkhead is split fairly evenly amongst rangers and celtic fans 

What are you waffling on about in regard to betfred ? The one being green at parkhead cross I am willing to bet has heehaw to do with rangers or celtic ,as I said parkhead is split fairly evenly amongst rangers and celtic fans 

The shop will do more business on a match day than it will do the rest of the week combined.

The idea that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend " isn't a constant and universal rule and, in the absence of a genuine threat of papist theocracy being inflicted on us, it's not going to apply here.

Archived