Jump to content
The_Judge

The East Kilbride FC Thread

Recommended Posts




The Lowland League is great. You'll love it down here!


Thankfully for us I dont think itll be this season, but maybe one day we will be reunited x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to Spartans.....I knew that would be a tough fixture to get anything from.  I was actually at Dalbeattie who are also having a very good season so far.

Although I wish we'd taken something from the trip it's good for the league in general.  

I'm personally glad to put this 'record't thing to bed now.  All focus now has to be on finishing as champions of the Lowland league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the amazing experience of playing Celtic last season the Scottish cup draw has thrown up another sensational opportunity...an away match with Aberdeen.  It's also a huge incentive for Stranraer who are the favourites but it must add extra spice to the match.  Come on the Kilby :thumsup2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nuffield Health & Fitness Charity match result

East Kilbride FC Under 20's* - 3
East Kilbride Thistle - 2

Goal scorers for Kilby were Lewis Doherty, Gavin Millar & Ross McNeil.

Alan McFadden & Aaron Connelly were on target for Thistle in a terrific match.

Big thanks to popular local referee Jimmy Moore for officiating the match free of charge to the benefit of charity.  A total of £700 raised.

 

*featuring special guest striker Ross McNeil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Football Nation East of Scotland Cup Quarter Final Result

Edinburgh University - 2
East Kilbride FC - 3

Goa scorers for Kilby were Jack Smith, Declan Hughes & Sean Winter.

Kilby will now face Spartans at K-Park in the semi-final.

 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KILBY LAUNCH CHAPECOENSE FC FUND

.
 EAST KILBRIDE FOOTBALL CLUB have launched a crowdfunding account to support the families of the tragic Brazilian football team who were victims of a horror air crash.

Chapecoense FC were travelling to their Copa Sudamericana final clash with Atletico Nacional when their plane ran out of fuel and crashed near the Colombian city of Medellin, killing 71 people on board.

  

Six people survived – but almost the entire football team perished.

  

Football clubs across the world have offered their support to the victims’ families and we as a club are determined to do our bit as well.

 

Club Secretary Dave McKenna stated, "The families who lost loved ones in the recent Chapecoense disaster are in our thoughts and prayers at this time. As such, we have started the crowdfunding page this week with the target of raising £3000, and we have donated an initial £1500 towards the fund.

 

The town of East Kilbride  and the club have recently benefited from a great deal of goodwill and attention due to the first-class recognition given by Ajax FC . This is our chance to do the giving.”

  

Those wishing to support and donate to our campaign can do so by visiting https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/east-kilbridefc and pledging whatever you can.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matchday 16 - 10th December - Whitehill Welfare (H):

East Kilbride 4 - 1 Whitehill Welfare

 

 

This was a fiercely competetive match which saw the visitors finish with 9 men.  EK opened the scoring through Jack Smith, a long ball caused confusion between the Welfare defender and keeper and Smith nicked in to poke home.  Whitehill lost their number 2 in the first half and in my opinion looked a better side with 10 men.  His first booking came when he completely lost his head after the referee refused to allow him to restart the game before treatment could be given to an EK player who was injured in the course of committing a foul.  It was a game in which no one seemed to be able to resist leaving a foot in at every opportunity and it seemed he was a timebomb waiting to go off after another couple of skirmishes.  In the end the red mist descended again and he lashed out at one, threw a ball into the face of another before squaring up to yet another couple.

 

WW equalised with their first effort at goal after an excellent move down the left before a cross led to a tap in at the far post.  The home defence were looking for an offside flag but the goal was good.  EK got back in front through Smith again a pinpoint cross giving him a header from 1 yard to steer home.

 

In the second half Kilby were making hard going of it and whilst there was only a goal between the teams it made nervous viewing.  The ball was going long both ways, EK to their quick players and WW to their tall players.  I don't think Welfare had another shot on target, aside from one penalised for offside, but they did get into a number of dangerous positions and looked capable of getting back on level terms.  EK finally got the third and it was the goal of the game.  Victoria who, playing wide left, was not having a great day capitalised on great work by Adam Strachan before bending in a shot at the keeper's left hand post.

 

Strachan then got on the scoresheet due to a mistake by the visiting keeper (his only mistake of the day).  The last piece of drama involved a thumping clash between EK captain Barry Russell and the opponents number 6.  It sounded meaty and the ref awarded Whitehill the foul and booked Russell.  The victim wasn't happy and let the ref know it for about a minute before the official decided he'd said too much and dished out a yellow which turned out to be his second.

 

There was one older chap supporting the Welfare who was less than happy with the performance of the officials from quite early in the match and let them know it for the majority of the match.

 

 

DSC_0126.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Matchday 16 - 10th December - Whitehill Welfare (H):

East Kilbride 4 - 1 Whitehill Welfare

 

 

This was a fiercely competetive match which saw the visitors finish with 9 men.  EK opened the scoring through Jack Smith, a long ball caused confusion between the Welfare defender and keeper and Smith nicked in to poke home.  Whitehill lost their number 2 in the first half and in my opinion looked a better side with 10 men.  His first booking came when he completely lost his head after the referee refused to allow him to restart the game before treatment could be given to an EK player who was injured in the course of committing a foul.  It was a game in which no one seemed to be able to resist leaving a foot in at every opportunity and it seemed he was a timebomb waiting to go off after another couple of skirmishes.  In the end the red mist descended again and he lashed out at one, threw a ball into the face of another before squaring up to yet another couple.

 

WW equalised with their first effort at goal after an excellent move down the left before a cross led to a tap in at the far post.  The home defence were looking for an offside flag but the goal was good.  EK got back in front through Smith again a pinpoint cross giving him a header from 1 yard to steer home.

 

In the second half Kilby were making hard going of it and whilst there was only a goal between the teams it made nervous viewing.  The ball was going long both ways, EK to their quick players and WW to their tall players.  I don't think Welfare had another shot on target, aside from one penalised for offside, but they did get into a number of dangerous positions and looked capable of getting back on level terms.  EK finally got the third and it was the goal of the game.  Victoria who, playing wide left, was not having a great day capitalised on great work by Adam Strachan before bending in a shot at the keeper's left hand post.

 

Strachan then got on the scoresheet due to a mistake by the visiting keeper (his only mistake of the day).  The last piece of drama involved a thumping clash between EK captain Barry Russell and the opponents number 6.  It sounded meaty and the ref awarded Whitehill the foul and booked Russell.  The victim wasn't happy and let the ref know it for about a minute before the official decided he'd said too much and dished out a yellow which turned out to be his second.

 

There was one older chap supporting the Welfare who was less than happy with the performance of the officials from quite early in the match and let them know it for the majority of the match.

 

 

DSC_0126.JPG

Sounds quite an eventful game. I know you're an EK fan but is it asking too much to get a team sheet so you could actually name some of the opposition? Even the scorer at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

 

 

There was one older chap supporting the Welfare who was less than happy with the performance of the officials from quite early in the match and let them know it for the majority of the match.

 

I wonder who that could have been :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was one of those days when it proved harder to play against 10 men than 11. The home side deserved their lead and should have went in front before they did. After John Hall's sending off Connor McGregor moved to right back and JR back into the middle leaving Scott Gormley to lead the line on his own. He tapped in the equaliser after great work initially by Steven Manson. The 2nd goal was a big blow just before half time and easily avoidable. 2nd half the Welfare got on top and an equaliser looked a distinct possibility. Great finish for the third though which came on the break with the keeper clearing with Connor Brydon bearing down. The 4th was very unlike Bryan fumbling a tame shot. 

Roll on Gala next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Was one of those days when it proved harder to play against 10 men than 11. The home side deserved their lead and should have went in front before they did. After John Hall's sending off Connor McGregor moved to right back and JR back into the middle leaving Scott Gormley to lead the line on his own. He tapped in the equaliser after great work initially by Steven Manson. The 2nd goal was a big blow just before half time and easily avoidable. 2nd half the Welfare got on top and an equaliser looked a distinct possibility. Great finish for the third though which came on the break with the keeper clearing with Connor Brydon bearing down. The 4th was very unlike Bryan fumbling a tame shot. 
Roll on Gala next week. 

Come on rab. Is it asking to much of you to have a look at oposition team sheet and at least mention a few of there players? At least the goalscorers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, johnmc80 said:


Come on rab. Is it asking to much of you to have a look at oposition team sheet and at least mention a few of there players? At least the goalscorers?emoji51.pngemoji51.pngemoji51.png

The judge mentioned them all above I was just filling in his WW blanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on rab. Is it asking to much of you to have a look at oposition team sheet and at least mention a few of there players? At least the goalscorers?


:lol:

The Judge didn't mention any of the WW players by name either. You not going to pull him up too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


:lol:

The Judge didn't mention any of the WW players by name either. You not going to pull him up too?

I was at the wind up as mantis had already dug the judge out for not giving welfare players a mention. Just a wee joke that flew over your head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, johnmc80 said:


I was at the wind up as mantis had already dug the judge out for not giving welfare players a mention. 

Not at all, old chap. Just a polite request :whistle are you sure Jack never whooshed you :lol:

Edited by The Mantis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...