The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

2 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Need to try keep the core of the squad together and add another 3 or 4. Looking at how yourselfs and shire are gearing up, and the strong squad bsc allready have together, its going to be a real battle this year. Thats even before berwick get added to the mix. Looking forward to it.

Spot on mate! We may be making some cracking signings but Low at ES and O'DEA at EK are on that level too!

15 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Would he get a game in front of howie tho judge? Howie is a class act. Hopefully still be at ek next season as i would imagine there will be a few clubs having a look at him.

Agreed that Howie is indeed a class act and so reliable, especially for someone that came into the team so young, but one thing we don't really seem to have much of is an attacking threat from corners and the ability to defend against attacking threats at corners.  Both of Cove's goals in the game at EK stemmed from that fact.

1 minute ago, The_Judge said:

Agreed that Howie is indeed a class act and so reliable, especially for someone that came into the team so young, but one thing we don't really seem to have much of is an attacking threat from corners and the ability to defend against attacking threats at corners.  Both of Cove's goals in the game at EK stemmed from that fact.

O'Dea would certainly help with that!

Im not sure o’dea has ever been prolific in an attacking sense at corners etc over his career. Im sure he is decent in the air but never struck me as one of his main strong points. Proctor has played at a similar level to o’dea and seems to me to be the same type of player. Strong in the tackle and good on the deck but never overly commanding in the air.

1 hour ago, johnmc80 said:

He is looking at splitting both coaching at motherwell and still playing at ek.

I can’t see this being long term, I think his Motherwell position will take up more time than he thinks.

In case you're interested that's O'Dea confirming his plans in an interview with the BBC.

He has now told BBC Scotland: "I've agreed to go down and help East Kilbride." 

"I have lived in East Kilbride for 16 years and they are a club I know well and they are desperate to go up into the leagues," O'Dea, who made 22 appearances this season, said. "It is a big town and I can see a bright future for them."

However, he stressed that the job at Motherwell is "obviously the priority for me".

"I've already done wee bits of work towards next season and I'm really looking forward to it," he said.