The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

If East Kilbride players/officials did trash the dressing room that is bang out of order and should be dealt with. And the spitting incident what a c**t no place for that in the game at all. Mon the buckie

After watching the highlights I really fancy Buckie to beat EK.

Wee guy Taylor for Buckie looks a player, although Jaoa Vitoria managed to go on a Messi like run too so... :lol:

Also after watching them not sure how anyone can say Buckie don't want to win.

EK's penalty claim at 15:31 is hilarious.

Maybe if their Number 9 hadn't instinctively kicked the Defender on the way down trying to feign a late challenge, he might've been onto something :lol: 

If this is an official EK production the commentary is so biased it's laughable. The stereotyping about the HL is unacceptable. Urquhart is a reasonably common Scottish name so poor show to mispronounce it right through the game. Urkart not Urkwart. Looked like a right decent game though with more to come.

Edited by The Mantis

If this is an official EK production the commentary is so biased it's laughable. The stereotyping about the HL is unacceptable. Urquhart is a reasonably common Scottish name so poor show to mispronounce it right through the game. Urkart not Urkwart. Looked like a right decent game though with more to come.

Surprised they showed any of the opposition. Felt like I was watching some North Korean edited promo! Knew every 'tackle' would get shown but the commentators comments are so one sided- and obviously added after to make sure they fit in with the managers thoughts.

Grow a set and have your own thoughts.

To be fair, I've heard that guy commentate on both our highlights, only once though as the fans didn't like it, and Montroses highlights.

I'm sure he's still commentating on Montroses highlights. He might be biased because he's getting paid to do it by the club but it's not because he's a fan anyway. Well, atleast I don't think so.

6 hours ago, The Mantis said:

4 hours ago, surely not! said:

Surprised they showed any of the opposition. Felt like I was watching some North Korean edited promo! Knew every 'tackle' would get shown but the commentators comments are so one sided- and obviously added after to make sure they fit in with the managers thoughts.

Hi chaps - I do the commentary and although it is for EK I just do the commentary for the job at hand of names, numbers, goal and odd titbit to fill in the gaps. The highlights package/footage of course will tailor EK fans. I just call the action as I see it. Often I just let the pictures do the talking.  Instance in the highlights a few moments deserving a yellow either side - gave a quick thought but not forcing it down throats.  The Buckie Pen. Probably not a pen but mention the small contact.   Also trying to keep it light to defuse the chaos on the drama at the end as from both sides was all clumsy and not needed.  Overall the game was an exciting (albeit chaotic) one all round! :P

Long and short - I couldn't really care who wins I'm not a supporter of either club and in fact a few clubs I've worked for It is the same principle. Also commentate/cover other clubs in the Lowland etc.  I am too busy concentrating on a range of other things to worry about that.

As for Urquhart - I can apologise for that. I've only ever known one person with that surname (albeit NZ born, but Scottish) and he pronounced the W hard.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

To be fair, I've heard that guy commentate on both our highlights, only once though as the fans didn't like it, and Montroses highlights.

I'm sure he's still commentating on Montroses highlights. He might be biased because he's getting paid to do it by the club but it's not because he's a fan anyway. Well, atleast I don't think so.

I don't know if you are confusing me with someone else.  I worked with the SPFL last season and may well have done a couple of games throughout the season involving Arbroath or Montrose through the SPFL channels but more often than not I did the Championship. Never worked for either club specifically.  Not done any SPFL stuff this season pretty much.

Edited by BroadcastCallum

11 hours ago, BroadcastCallum said:

Hi chaps - I do the commentary and although it is for EK I just do the commentary for the job at hand. The highlights package/footage of course will taylor EK fana. I just call the action as I see it. Often I just let the pictures do the talking.  Instance in the highlights a few moments deserving a yellow either side - gave a quick thought but not forcing it down throats.  The Buckie Pen. Probably not a pen but mention the small contact.   Also trying to keep it light to defuse the chaos on the drama at the end as from both sides was all clumsy and not needed.  Overall the game is an exciting one all round! :P

Long and short - I couldn't really care who wins I'm not a supporter of either club and in fact a few clubs I've worked for It is the same principle. Also commentate/cover other clubs in the Lowland etc.  I am too busy concentrating on a range of other things to worry about that.

As for Urquhart - I can apologise for that. I've only ever known one person with that surname (albeit NZ born, but Scottish) and he pronounced the W hard.

I don't know if you are confusing me with someone else.  I worked with the SPFL last season and may well have done a couple of games throughout the season involving Arbroath or Montrose through their channels but more often than not I did the Championship. Never worked for either club specifically.  Not done any SPFL stuff this season pretty much.

Fair play to you for replying. FWIW I thought it was a clear penalty, no way could the player have anticipated that push, or touch of the fingernails as you put it, or similar, several times :lol:

Edited by The Mantis

12 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Fair play to you for replying. FWIW I thought it was a clear penalty, no way could the player have anticipated that push, or touch of the fingernails as you put it, or similar, several times :lol:

Sam Urquhart is the son of Billy Urquhart, ex Rangers and Wigan, and Caley legend.

No problem. If it was Messi that went down would have been a pen probably on the continent (sadly). It was a bit soft shall we say.  In general though I like to keep things light with quips. ;-)

I'll be honest - hands up I was covering Hockey for the BBC all weekend so this was a post-production job straight after however after 8 matches in 2 games, had no time to sit down and (not that it would matter anyway) write lines down to fit "manager quotes" or anything. Just got team lines and got on with the job.

I'm on-site with full prep for 2nd leg coverage on Saturday.  Hope a good travelling crowd heads down to make a good atmosphere all round at K Park.

Edited by BroadcastCallum

8 hours ago, The Mantis said:

6 hours ago, surely not! said:

Cheers for the feedback lads.

At the end of the day I provide a single camera coverage of the match which will cover all the major talking points. In a match like this it is always going to be a catch 22. If I show all the incidents then I'll be, apparently, accused of creating a North Korean promotional video. However, I'm sure if I missed any flash points out then I would have been accused of sweeping things under the rug.

I'm of the opinion that that camera never lies, so I just show everything to give the viewers who couldn't attend the match a real taste of what went on during the 90 mins. 

But as I have said before it all about the opinions. Thank you all for continuing to watch EKFC TV. 

As expected Buckie looked a very good side and will probably feel they should have at least kept their lead if not extended it.  

Was never a penalty for me but I'm just a fan not a referee and Angus did have more than one incident where he had trouble keeping his balance ;).

9 hours ago, EKFCTV said:

Cheers for the feedback lads.

At the end of the day I provide a single camera coverage of the match which will cover all the major talking points. In a match like this it is always going to be a catch 22. If I show all the incidents then I'll be, apparently, accused of creating a North Korean promotional video. However, I'm sure if I missed any flash points out then I would have been accused of sweeping things under the rug.

I'm of the opinion that that camera never lies, so I just show everything to give the viewers who couldn't attend the match a real taste of what went on during the 90 mins. 

But as I have said before it all about the opinions. Thank you all for continuing to watch EKFC TV. 

Tbf, I don't think anybody was criticising your work...

Quite interested in going along on Sat as a neutral/WW fan. Just have to keep checking your twitter to see if there are still tickets as they can't be reserved. 

In the small mention section [emoji23][emoji23]