The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

1 hour ago, Hauzen said:

Not too sure how Lowland contracts work, would it be a standard thing for everyone's deals to run out at the end of the season or have a few of these players essentially been paid off if they were contracted for next season?

They're pretty much building a brand new club this summer, but that project could immediately become a clusterfuck if Badcock is one of the early arrivals...

Most players at this level are signed on 1 year deals. 
There is always a big turn over of players each year.

12 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Any truth in the rumours EK are signing Goodwillie? Went to a K-Park a few times in recent seasons but won’t be back if so.

Imagine Motherwell women would be taking their business elsewherex

I imagine Motherwell wouldn't do anything of the sort. I understand Motherwell woman love using the Facility in East Kilbride which makes sense. Motherwell rent the Facility which is owned by East Kilbride Community Trust. Nothing to do with EKFC who also rent the Facility. Nitwit !!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Leonidas said:

I imagine Motherwell wouldn't do anything of the sort. I understand Motherwell woman love using the Facility in East Kilbride which makes sense. Motherwell rent the Facility which is owned by East Kilbride Community Trust. Nothing to do with EKFC who also rent the Facility. Nitwit !!!!!!!

No need for the personal abuse for asking a serious question be kind.

44 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

How yous getting on leo? You happy with michael in as player manager?

Time will tell John. Signings seem ok so far & I think we'll play the ball on the deck vs Potterball 😄 We'll need a good start to the season I feel.

On 28/05/2023 at 18:30, leomessi1984 said:

First few names confirmed from Darvel then in Stirling, Mcdonald & McGowan.

Stirling should never have been playing at that level in the first place, and will be a good signing for you. Haven't seen him play since leaving Stranraer, but he was always menace when he played in League 1 & 2.

9 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Stirling should never have been playing at that level in the first place, and will be a good signing for you. Haven't seen him play since leaving Stranraer, but he was always menace when he played in League 1 & 2.

If he can be bothered he can be a good player. Majority of his time for us he was anonymous though. No surprise to see him drop way down the leagues. Obviously he dropped for the money and he could probably still have got a gig at L2. 

On 23/05/2023 at 09:26, johnmc80 said:

Most players at this level are signed on 1 year deals. 
There is always a big turn over of players each year.

Living in the Highlands & watching a lot of HL football, where 2 & 3 year contracts are the norm, having started watching some LL games this season, I was surprised to learn that most players seem to only be on 1 year deals. Seems odd to have such a fundamental difference in corresponding leagues. 

On 30/05/2023 at 14:12, 19QOS19 said:

If he can be bothered he can be a good player. Majority of his time for us he was anonymous though. No surprise to see him drop way down the leagues. Obviously he dropped for the money and he could probably still have got a gig at L2. 

I liked Andy Stirling when he was with us, but I do think he's a good example of a player who looks better than he is (and I don't just mean because he's incredibly handsome, which he is tbf).

He'll have a few flashes in every game he plays where he gets you off your seat. But his overall impact on games was never as high as it seemed it should've been. He didn't score very often and his final ball was pretty erratic.

He's a talented guy. And we probably had him at his peak, but I'm not massively surprised that he's spending the latter section of his career this level. I think he'll be a good signing for EK mind you, but I always felt he was a bit overrated because of how the way he played made him catch the eye of oppositon fans.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I liked Andy Stirling when he was with us, but I do think he's a good example of a player who looks better than he is (and I don't just mean because he's incredibly handsome, which he is tbf).

He'll have a few flashes in every game he plays where he gets you off your seat. But his overall impact on games was never as high as it seemed it should've been. He didn't score very often and his final ball was pretty erratic.

He's a talented guy. And we probably had him at his peak, but I'm not massively surprised that he's spending the latter section of his career this level. I think he'll be a good signing for EK mind you, but I always felt he was a bit overrated because of how the way he played made him catch the eye of oppositon fans.

These guys are in the Lowland League for a reason because this is there level

New East Kilbride boss Mick Kennedy expects next week to announce 14 ‘eyebrow-raising’ summer signings as the club return to pre-season traini

How many ex broomhill and Darvel players will this be? Watson and Broadfoot seen a stick on from Broomhill.

On 07/06/2023 at 19:30, leomessi1984 said:

EK starting to roll out the signings. Tapping is a top player for LL level.

On 07/06/2023 at 21:52, gav-ffc said:

Not a surprise with Munn part of the coaching team.

As soon as I saw that Blair Munn was in at EK, I wondered if Tapping was set to follow. What a signing that is for the club. Munn & Tapping run their own Coaching Academy together and probably due to this, EK have attracted another player that is definitely playing below the level(s) he probably should be.