The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

58 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Big name manager with experience getting promoted from the Lowland. Not many of them without a job right now 😉

I’m not sure experience of getting promoted from the LL is  number one on the EK list. Any manager who has coached or managed in the SPFL seems to be the prerequisite for the role.

I agree with johnmc80 I know it’s only his second game (or his first as he was with Scotland last week) but what a difference today against a very energetic Gretna side but from the warm up which was night and day to what we’ve seen this season to team shape and the experience back into the team we moved the ball well and scored 3 great goals has Martin got the experience to add in some more quality players if he was to get the job who knows but he’s certainly done his chances no harm at all well done Martin

What a difference in the team today. A dark cloud has passed and there's a bright horizon.

Thought we played well today, commanded a lot of the play, Gary miller and McLaughlin were excellent.

Should have binned Kevin last October 

On 24/03/2023 at 22:54, cowdenbeath said:

This season was similar to Stirling last season right enough.

It all sounds horribly familiar.  It started off well, but by November the wheels were coming off. Injuries to a bare bones back four.  No use of the loan market to dig us out of it.  Inexplicable selections. Too much hoofball and a team so demoralised it reeked of it. Kevin is such a likeable guy I'm sorry for him, but saying it's not good enough fixes nothing.  The manager has to know why it's not working and address it. He just didn't. The hair dryer treatment is all very well, but it's not enough. He needs to go back to being an assistant manager and learn under someone competent. 

As for EK, it's a shame after a promising start and I remember all too well how that felt.

On 31/03/2023 at 16:03, Pyramid Watcher said:

Agreed, but it won’t happen, the club seem transfixed by getting “big name” managers.

They will do well to hold on to him. He is well thought of at the sfa. He will end up full time there.

Rumour doing the rounds that Michael Kennedy will be the new manager, just resigned this evening from Darvel... Si Ferry as assistant is also the talk 🧐

Edited by Hauzen