The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

58 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

Wheels well and truly off the EK bus now.. interesting to see how Rutkiewicz gets things going again as they are looking really poor right now.

We've been poor for the last 6-7 games.

We look uninterested, our discipline is shocking too, are we going for a red card every week?

Cowdenbeath were a poor team but we were rotten. I think we had one chance in the second half.

13 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

We've been poor for the last 6-7 games.

We look uninterested, our discipline is shocking too, are we going for a red card every week?

Cowdenbeath were a poor team but we were rotten. I think we had one chance in the second half.

Last time your manager lost a game v Cowden he got sacked a few days later.

39 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I think questions will start to be getting asked.

A tweet came out last night that I thought looked as if excuses were being made. Why this message came from the manager and not the club I'll never know .

Screenshot_20221008-194916~2.png

2 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

I think questions will start to be getting asked.

A tweet came out last night that I thought looked as if excuses were being made. Why this message came from the manager and not the club I'll never know .

Screenshot_20221008-194916~2.png

I’m not expecting him to get the bullet just thought I would mention it!

Maybe the manager should shoulder the blame I can’t believe how bad Kyle Munros form has dropped he started the season on fire but has looked as if he is totally uninterested could this be anything to do with the manager 

40 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I’m not expecting him to get the bullet just thought I would mention it!

Me neither but we've went from beating hearts colts, Celtic colts, broomhill and Spartans to being beaten by Edinburgh uni and no offence cowdenbeath last week drawing with Caledonia braves . Something isn't right and it's visible on the pitch 

33 minutes ago, guvnor said:

Maybe the manager should shoulder the blame I can’t believe how bad Kyle Munros form has dropped he started the season on fire but has looked as if he is totally uninterested could this be anything to do with the manager 

Not just Munro, there's a few players that look uninterested 

6 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

Me neither but we've went from beating hearts colts, Celtic colts, broomhill and Spartans to being beaten by Edinburgh uni and no offence cowdenbeath last week drawing with Caledonia braves . Something isn't right and it's visible on the pitch 

His Stirling Albion side had a blistering first quarter last season and were just behind Kelty then it went all pear shaped.

8 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

His Stirling Albion side had a blistering first quarter last season and were just behind Kelty then it went all pear shaped.

Aye, that's the worry, I've heard this from lots of folk.

Anyway, well done on the win yesterday.

KR would always struggle with us (Stirling) getting us out of a slump or a bad run. It's like he gives up himself and runs out of ideas. He gets truly miserable and I'm sure it rubs off on the rest of the dressing room

The amount of post match interviews we got where he blamed injuries, suspensions, dodgy referee decisions and "just no getting the luck right now" was unreal. There was a long time where he was coming and saying we were playing well and giving 100% but somehow world  was conspiring against us and that's why we couldn't get back on a winning run.

He also has no idea how to manage discipline. I'm pretty sure we got fined by SFA because out discipline was so bad. Cards galore.

16 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

KR would always struggle with us (Stirling) getting us out of a slump or a bad run. It's like he gives up himself and runs out of ideas. He gets truly miserable and I'm sure it rubs off on the rest of the dressing room

The amount of post match interviews we got where he blamed injuries, suspensions, dodgy referee decisions and "just no getting the luck right now" was unreal. There was a long time where he was coming and saying we were playing well and giving 100% but somehow world  was conspiring against us and that's why we couldn't get back on a winning run.

He also has no idea how to manage discipline. I'm pretty sure we got fined by SFA because out discipline was so bad. Cards galore.

This is starting to sound familiar 

On 09/10/2022 at 07:44, cowdenbeath said:

Kevin wasn't actually  sacked mate.  He was told by the board that he had to start winning after a bad run of defeats. He chose mutual termination rather than carry on.  In fairness to you, assuming he was sacked is an understandable mistake..

19 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

This is starting to sound familiar 

Injuries were a real problem. We started the season already short on options in defence because of injuries. Then we got another and another and ended up with pretty much no back four. Not even a back 3. That's when the wheels came off. One of the things that killed Kevin, was that he just would not bring in loan players to dig us out of it. He had this attitude that they wouldn't play for the jersey. He just didn't get it that loan players will often bust a gut just to get first team football and impress their own club. Hopefully a lesson learned on that, because that killed him more than anything.

What compounded it was an insistence on playing a big, slow, unfit, overweight striker who couldn't  jump. The players made that worse by continually pumping high balls at him to Kevin's frustration.  9 times out of 10 all he could do was knock it on with the top of his head to a grateful opposition defence. Mostly because his faster partner was being played behind him???  When the incredible bulk finally got subbed off knackered, the punting would cease and they'd start giving the opposition a hard time. Why Kevin failed to see that I do not know?  He shot himself in the foot really, as he had signed some good players, one of whom was wrecked by Covid for some time.

If he's learned from it I think there's a good manager in there trying to get out, but geez he didn't half commit unnecessary suicide at Stirling. I still wish him well.

10 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Injuries were a real problem. We started the season already short on options in defence because of injuries. Then we got another and another and ended up with pretty much no back four. Not even a back 3. That's when the wheels came off. One of the things that killed Kevin, was that he just would not bring in loan players to dig us out of it. He had this attitude that they wouldn't play for the jersey. He just didn't get it that loan players will often bust a gut just to get first team football and impress their own club. Hopefully a lesson learned on that, because that killed him more than anything.

What compounded it was an insistence on playing a big, slow, unfit, overweight striker who couldn't  jump. The players made that worse by continually pumping high balls at him to Kevin's frustration.  9 times out of 10 all he could do was knock it on with the top of his head to a grateful opposition defence. Mostly because his faster partner was being played behind him???  When the incredible bulk finally got subbed off knackered, the punting would cease and they'd start giving the opposition a hard time. Why Kevin failed to see that I do not know?  He shot himself in the foot really, as he had signed some good players, one of whom was wrecked by Covid for some time.

If he's learned from it I think there's a good manager in there trying to get out, but geez he didn't half commit unnecessary suicide at Stirling. I still wish him well.

He seems a nice guy, maybe too nice tho.

3 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

He seems a nice guy, maybe too nice tho.

I was talking to a guy on Saturday after the game and he was questioning weather KR wants to be one of the boys or the manager.

I don't know, I wish him well and hopefully we can get out this wee lull we've found ourselves in.

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

I was talking to a guy on Saturday after the game and he was questioning weather KR wants to be one of the boys or the manager.

I don't know, I wish him well and hopefully we can get out this wee lull we've found ourselves in.

Every team will have a lull, it’s what makes the league competitive.