The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Thanks you have restored my faith in a fair and realistic assessment of what we were watching today. Yes big man was a nuisance,  fact our number 4 against him got mom speaks volumes. 

You will win by far the majority of your games and rightly be in the mix at end up, watched enough Ll games to be confident of that.

15 hours ago, ekok said:

Thanks you have restored my faith in a fair and realistic assessment of what we were watching today. Yes big man was a nuisance,  fact our number 4 against him got mom speaks volumes. 

You will win by far the majority of your games and rightly be in the mix at end up, watched enough Ll games to be confident of that.

Tbh your No.8 looked your best player. 
Yes Dan the man is a right nuisance and now that Miller - the sub who went up front with him who is just back from a serious injury since last October - they could be a right pair of nuisances.

Still a long way to go.

I agree EK number 8 was the best player on the park yesterday, always available and linked up play 

Dugout side linesman had a bad day making some strange decisions against both sides.

Wonder what or who upset the EK manager in regards to his comments in his interview?..

Could have stolen a point near the end with Jamie's chance and on reflection a draw would have been fair imo 

1 hour ago, karate kid said:

I agree EK number 8 was the best player on the park yesterday, always available and linked up play 

Dugout side linesman had a bad day making some strange decisions against both sides.

Wonder what or who upset the EK manager in regards to his comments in his interview?..

Could have stolen a point near the end with Jamie's chance and on reflection a draw would have been fair imo 

Our number 8 is Neil McLaughlin, he's a fantastic player and reads the game really well.

I thought the three officials had a bit of a poor game, I was half expecting the ref to start yellow carding fans in the stand he was that happy showing it, it wasn't even a dirty game.

1 hour ago, karate kid said:

He mentioned as if it was strange that our centre backs were left footed on the right side and the reverse on the other side. To my knowledge both are right sided, what difference that made only he knows.

He mentioned our bench as being disrespectful, maybe come up on the highlights.

Edited by boheesian

We were so off the pace in first half, lucky to be only 1 down at HT. Changes just before and at HT made all the difference.  Andy Black came on and totally changed the dynamic. Never thought I would say that.

He filled the gaps,  made  the ugly challenges and put Spartans on back foot.. 

The winning goal  was a thing of beauty. Seriously you need to watch. 

Tbf been doing a fair impression of the latter up till now, was exactly what we needed when he came on. Taking absolutely zero for granted this season. Think several teams will be in the mix at end of season, we need to push on to be sure we are one of them. Not false caution, this is a very competitive league,  any slacking or sitting still will get punished.  

Another great watch yesterday,  competitive,  good football, good goals, is there better value anywhere else in Scottish football? Really don't think so, not bad for a tinpot league.

2 hours ago, ekok said:

Tbf been doing a fair impression of the latter up till now, was exactly what we needed when he came on. Taking absolutely zero for granted this season. Think several teams will be in the mix at end of season, we need to push on to be sure we are one of them. Not false caution, this is a very competitive league,  any slacking or sitting still will get punished.  

Another great watch yesterday,  competitive,  good football, good goals, is there better value anywhere else in Scottish football? Really don't think so, not bad for a tinpot league.

It was a good game. Spartans better side in the first half, exciting second with Kilby coming back only for Spartans to level again.

Great goal for the winner although a bit harsh on Spartans to to get anything.

As you say a good advert for the LL.

16 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

We didn't look interested tonight, the worst performance this season, we never got out of 2nd gear.

Shires keeper was excellent, pulled off 3 or 4 brilliant saves from set pieces, he was motm for me.

He's not been at his imperious best this season but still solid. Connolly's the best goalie in this league and its not even close. Expected to get skudded tonight so I thank you for giving us a point towards our relegation battle.

Tbf you earned the point with your effort and endeavour. That plus an absolute worldly for your goal.

Don't think we were ever in danger of losing,  but tonight proved what folk who actually watch this league understand.  No free lunches , standard very high, so all teams capable of a result at any given time. See other results tonight. 

I have watched this league from day 1, despite some teams languishing near bottom, the overall standard is much, much better than in the early days. That will only increase as time goes by. Tinpot my arse.

Yep your keeper was excellent,  tho to be churlish,  we gave him a chance to make a few saves that should have been dispatched. 

9 hours ago, craigiemack said:

He's not been at his imperious best this season but still solid. Connolly's the best goalie in this league and its not even close. Expected to get skudded tonight so I thank you for giving us a point towards our relegation battle.

Shire played well, shut our players down quickly and generally looked more up for it. Your goal was an absolute peach, as soon as the ball left the players foot I knew it was in .

19 hours ago, ekok said:

Tbf you earned the point with your effort and endeavour. That plus an absolute worldly for your goal.

Don't think we were ever in danger of losing,  but tonight proved what folk who actually watch this league understand.  No free lunches , standard very high, so all teams capable of a result at any given time. See other results tonight. 

I have watched this league from day 1, despite some teams languishing near bottom, the overall standard is much, much better than in the early days. That will only increase as time goes by. Tinpot my arse.

Yep your keeper was excellent,  tho to be churlish,  we gave him a chance to make a few saves that should have been dispatched. 

As you say standard is getting better and the levels could be increased quite a bit quicker with two relegated each season 

12 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

Shire played well, shut our players down quickly and generally looked more up for it. Your goal was an absolute peach, as soon as the ball left the players foot I knew it was in .

I feel we're more comfortable against better teams. It's a decent squad just no cutting edge so we struggle to break down the poorer teams. Easier to look a better team when we're just chasing and pressing rather than having to create chances. Suppose a decent point for both teams, you'll probably be cautious but can't see anything but an EK title win. 

8 hours ago, craigiemack said:

I feel we're more comfortable against better teams. It's a decent squad just no cutting edge so we struggle to break down the poorer teams. Easier to look a better team when we're just chasing and pressing rather than having to create chances. Suppose a decent point for both teams, you'll probably be cautious but can't see anything but an EK title win. 

Can see EKFC being in the playoffs but title win?

12 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Can see EKFC being in the playoffs but title win?

I’ve genuinely wiped the existence of B teams from my mind haha but think they’ll finish 1st outright anyway. When the international breaks come Celtic and Rangers will drop points when they play their under 15s. Can’t see any of the real clubs getting near EK either unless they bottle it massively