The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

For the second time in 4 days we've played a really tough fixture.  On Saturday it was a bit of an anti-climax given the size of the crowd and the presence of a couple of newspapers but fair play to Cumbernauld they made it a great contest, which could've gone either way, and it finished in stalemate.

Tonight was just as tough, as matched with The Spartans always are, and I'm delighted for the players to finally get over the line.  Both teams had chances and put everything into the match which for me is one of the real beauties of the Lowland league.  We don't have any 'giant' clubs that regularly steamroll every other team home and away season after season.  In this league you have to fight for every point and I'm pleased for Stuart Malcolm who quickly steadied the ship after Brian Kerr left and by virtue of results made the position his own.

We had a great squad this season and so many of the players have contributed so much to this title success.  All eyes now will be on the crazy playoff system where we face up to 4 games including the final match away to club 42.  I hope we do it but if not the Lowland is a great league which is only going to get stronger in my opinion.

Now for a shandy :thumsup2

Congrats to the players and staff at ek. To win it with 3 games to play is impressive when u see quality of the teams in the league. Were very consistent week after week. Kelty drawing their cup game meaning our fixture was moved was a big help. Thanks for that lads[emoji16] hopefully we can keep the momentum going into play offs.

50 minutes ago, Marten said:

Congrats to EK, I reckon you can do the play-offs too.

Hmmm. I’m not so sure I’ve seen both Albion Rovers and Berwick Rangers in the last few weeks and and neither, like Cowden the last few years will go down without an almighty fight against EK or the HL champions. 

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Hmmm. I’m not so sure I’ve seen both Albion Rovers and Berwick Rangers in the last few weeks and and neither, like Cowden the last few years will go down without an almighty fight against EK or the HL champions. 

I have to agree.  Last nights match was incredibly close and really could have gone either way and as I've said before every time we've played a club from League 1 or 2 the jump in ability is clear to see.

We've beaten Cowdenbeath twice in the Scottish cup and matched them over 180 minutes (only to lose on penalties) and it's hard to imagine the margins being any different against Rovers or Berwick assuming you even get past the HL team which is far from a given based on previous seasons.  I'll take a little time to savour winning our league title and hopefully we can go again.

6 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Bit late but another good season for EK, congratulations!

Now f**k off out the league pls x

Lol well said but if they do depart n say  Berwick and Bonnyrigg arrive ffs it’s gonna be another tough league campaign next season 

5 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Lol well said but if they do depart n say  Berwick and Bonnyrigg arrive ffs it’s gonna be another tough league campaign next season 

EK going up and Berwick coming down would likely weaken the league to be honest.

Berwick are financially ruined. There's no guarantee that they would survive the drop.

EK have deserved it over the last 3 seasons and it would be nice for another team to be relegated so it's not just us [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

As for the cocky comment you clear dont know shire fans gogsy [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hi what proper Club is Kelty FC. The guard of honour for our boys before the game today was everything that is good about our game, so much in contrast with all the absolute nonsense in the " upper levels" . Shame on the bottle and coin throwers,  the intruders,  the hate speakers,  they are not worthy of the name supporters.  Kelty brought a bunch of real supporters,  great craic,  out to enjoy their day, spent a fortune at the bar, so looking forward to going to their place in a few weeks 

17 hours ago, ekok said:

Hi what proper Club is Kelty FC. The guard of honour for our boys before the game today was everything that is good about our game, so much in contrast with all the absolute nonsense in the " upper levels" . Shame on the bottle and coin throwers,  the intruders,  the hate speakers,  they are not worthy of the name supporters.  Kelty brought a bunch of real supporters,  great craic,  out to enjoy their day, spent a fortune at the bar, so looking forward to going to their place in a few weeks 

I couldn't have put it better myself, a real credit to themselves and their club.