• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
The_Judge

The East Kilbride FC Thread

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

who were the last team to beat Kilby....? 

that's a pretty impressive record tbf. 

Whitehill, as I say above. If Lauchlan was actually in the stand or similar for his first game (though press reports don't say so) then I suppose he's won every game since he started!

In 2016 they've only lost that game; away league games to Spartans (30 Jan) and BSCG (09 Mar); Scottish Cup tie v Celtic (07 Feb); and a South Challenge Cup tie v Edinburgh City and that was aet (05 Mar). Formidable form.

William Hill Scottish Cup - 2nd Round draw:

Cowdenbeath v East Kilbride FC

Tie scheduled to be played on Saturday 22nd October.

Due to a Scottish Cup replay between Hawick Royal Albert and Civil Service Strollers, the home Lowland League match against Hawick Royal Albert, which was scheduled for Saturday 1st October, has been postponed.

To avoid a free Saturday, the Lowland League match away to Vale of Leithen, originally scheduled for 21st January, has been brought forward to Saturday 1st October, and will kick-off at 3pm at Victoria Park, Innerleithen.

37 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

William Hill Scottish Cup - 2nd Round draw:

Cowdenbeath v East Kilbride FC

Tie scheduled to be played on Saturday 22nd October.

How much fans do you reckon Kilby would bring through to the game? A tough tie for us with the form that EK are in at the moment!

Really not sure...although I'm genuinely tempted to go myself.  We're on a great run but make no mistake it's still a step up and I'd have preferred a non-league side or at least a home tie.

This will be our biggest test so far and some will look at it as a test of our credentials...but it's a cup game so win or lose it doesn't really change anything.

On 9/24/2016 at 17:35, The_Judge said:

William Hill Scottish Cup 1st round - 24th September - Vale of Leithen (H):

East Kilbride 9 - 1 Vale of Leithen

Victoria [3], Winters [2], Strachan [2], Capuano and Hughes.

Meant to add that this was the first match I've watched officiated by a female referee....and her performance was excellent.

How much fans do you reckon Kilby would bring through to the game? A tough tie for us with the form that EK are in at the moment!

I would guess at about 100 tops going on previous cup away days.

4 hours ago, geo87 said:

Not bad going considering they're only 3 years old!

I would say Kilby have the best potential of all the Lowland League sides to get a decent fan base due to the size of the place, 74,000 population I think. Good that the locals are turning out to see their local side.

I would say Kilby have the best potential of all the Lowland League sides to get a decent fan base due to the size of the place, 74,000 population I think. Good that the locals are turning out to see their local side.

Key word there is potential. I was disappointed by the crowd when they played us, especially with no the rangers or sellick on that weekend.

38 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Key word there is potential. I was disappointed by the crowd when they played us, especially with no the rangers or sellick on that weekend.

It is a key word and I suppose being so close to Glasgow dosn't help. I always felt that it was left too late for the New Town's getting senior football, both Clyde and Meadowbank's moves to Cumbernauld and Livingston probably came too late.

If there had been team SFL teams in the New Town's from the start they may have built up a "traditional support" as the towns themselves grew.

EK are going well and perhaps if they keep growing the town will get behind them and their support will grow. Looking from the outside they seem like a Spartans type set up with lots of community stuff perhaps some of their young players of today will become regular supporters of the future if they don't make it as players.

Good luck to them anyway (apart from 22nd October!)

2 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

I thought they had quite a decent home support that day. Much bigger than any of the other teams I've been to so far

There was close to 400 there that day including about 100 away fans. Not a bad support at this level. Work is due to start on a new 4000 seat stadium next year. Only another 3600 fans to find

There was close to 400 there that day including about 100 away fans. Not a bad support at this level. Work is due to start on a new 4000 seat stadium next year. Only another 3600 fans to find

very very ambitious, how exactly do they plan to fill it haha

I guess they are looking at being as succesfull as they can on the pitch to try and get the locals involved. There could be a decent size fanbase given the size of ek. Still a young club and fanbase is growing year on year. Good luck to them.

Football is a funny old game, as they say.

With 5 mins to go it was Dalbeattie 1-3 Spartans and Vale 1-1 EK so the gap at the top was being cut to 2pts... Come the full-time whistle it's 4-3 and 1-2 respectively leaving EK with a 7pt lead.

Matchday 9 - 1st October - Vale of Leithen (A):

Vale of Leithen 1 - 2 East Kilbride 

Victoria & McNeil.

18 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

With 5 mins to go it was Dalbeattie 1-3 Spartans and Vale 1-1 EK so the gap at the top was being cut to 2pts... Come the full-time whistle it's 4-3 and 1-2 respectively leaving EK with a 7pt lead.

Just spotted that Preston Athletic, who started the day in last place, came from 3-0 down at home to Stirling Uni...scoring 4 goals in the final 12 minutes!!  The Lowland League is the place to be for goals, excitement and late drama :thumsup2

19 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Arsebiscuits. I've got to edit the footage, if only the battery ran out with 15min to go inc the added time.

Grimbo