The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye you had a good start but it just seemed to fall apart.

It's been abysmal fella, so frustrating. 

I remember when he was appointed manager folk were laughing saying what he was like.

He lived up to everything that they said he was.

I cringed after every interview he gave .

I don't think he ever matched the ambitions of the club or the fans.

Awful manager and I doubt he'll get another chance at another club 

5 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

It's been abysmal fella, so frustrating. 

I remember when he was appointed manager folk were laughing saying what he was like.

He lived up to everything that they said he was.

I cringed after every interview he gave .

I don't think he ever matched the ambitions of the club or the fans.

Awful manager and I doubt he'll get another chance at another club 

This season was similar to Stirling last season right enough.

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

This season was similar to Stirling last season right enough.

The first 6 games were like, this is what you would expect by the money invested, we'll romp this. 

Then it collapsed, I actually predicted on this thread that we'd finish fourth, even that seems ambitious now 

I was at the first game of the season for EK... mostly to see how Tranent would get on in their step up to LL

EK won 3-2... and I immediately thought, very solid side, easily going to be at least contenders if not going on to win the league. They had goals in them, some solid, athletic units, were pacey, could knock the ball around, seemed well drilled, had a good amount of shit-housery going on.... 

It's the only time I've seen them so far... but sounds like something happened after the first few weeks and wheels have fallen off completely. Injuries? Consistency? Or is it really all just down to management having a mental aberration?

Like I say, looked a very solid side back on day 1... so if management was the issue, then with same players and right man in charge... maybe next season EK will be up where I thought they'd be this season!

1 hour ago, Jordi1977 said:

I was at the first game of the season for EK... mostly to see how Tranent would get on in their step up to LL

EK won 3-2... and I immediately thought, very solid side, easily going to be at least contenders if not going on to win the league. They had goals in them, some solid, athletic units, were pacey, could knock the ball around, seemed well drilled, had a good amount of shit-housery going on.... 

It's the only time I've seen them so far... but sounds like something happened after the first few weeks and wheels have fallen off completely. Injuries? Consistency? Or is it really all just down to management having a mental aberration?

Like I say, looked a very solid side back on day 1... so if management was the issue, then with same players and right man in charge... maybe next season EK will be up where I thought they'd be this season!

It falls at the managers feet.

We went from playing decent football, a good team spirit and a bit of bite to launching long balls and not looking interested.

Getting beat is part of the game, but when you're getting beat and not trying and hearing the most paltry excuses from the manager, it got boring, very quickly.

3 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

I'm actually now looking forward to the last few games of the season, got away trips planned to Berwick and cowdenbeath who's fans were good craic when they came to k park.

Berwick's a good day out and we can have a bumped managers derby!

45 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

It falls at the managers feet.

We went from playing decent football, a good team spirit and a bit of bite to launching long balls and not looking interested.

Getting beat is part of the game, but when you're getting beat and not trying and hearing the most paltry excuses from the manager, it got boring, very quickly.

That's a big thing... everyone can accept a defeat if there is effort and it just doesn't go for you on the day, or the opposition were just better, but you still played well. It's when you lose and everything is just flat and predictable that there are issues and you start losing faith.

On 26/03/2023 at 13:02, Pyramid Watcher said:

Who do you fancy as new manager?

I honestly don't  know, we've had so many in as many years it would just be good to have someone positive that can get the best out the team.

It couldn't ever be as bad as what's just left. Did you ever watch any of his post match interviews?

Absolute cringe 

8 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

I honestly don't  know, we've had so many in as many years it would just be good to have someone positive that can get the best out the team.

It couldn't ever be as bad as what's just left. Did you ever watch any of his post match interviews?

Absolute cringe 

😀😀 I know what you mean, I used to watch just to see how many times he touched his face!

Could do worse than Gary Jardine as new manager.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

1 hour ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

😀😀 I know what you mean, I used to watch just to see how many times he touched his face!

Could do worse than Gary Jardine as new manager.

😂 I used to try and count the amount of times he rubbed his nose or face, yer not alone