The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

4 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

He seems a nice guy, maybe too nice tho.

He is a nice guy. Maybe shuffled the pack to give people game time and head off grumbles more than he needed to at first. Not so much in that last season though. He made mistakes, but few rookie managers don't. Glad he's got another chance.

Only popped in to have a quick look to see how KR and a few of our ex-players are finding life at the moment with EK.

Sorry to read that history seems to be repeating itself at EK. I totally second the second last post that WC Boggs mate about his time at Stirling. Someone also said that they were chatting to someone and they didn’t know if KR wanted to be a manager or one of the boys, I believe a couple of players during his time at Stirling, also had a word with him about the exact same thing, he just didn’t seem to be able to distance himself from the dressing room.

I like KR, a good, infectious bloke and I hope he can get you back on track.

On 11/10/2022 at 19:39, WC Boggs said:

He is a nice guy. Maybe shuffled the pack to give people game time and head off grumbles more than he needed to at first. Not so much in that last season though. He made mistakes, but few rookie managers don't. Glad he's got another chance.

I dont know the inernal aspects or dealings at Stirling and effectiveness or otherwise but every time I met in opposition a really decent and sincere guy who I had a lot of time for. 

Edited by Blue Oktober
typo

Re: stadium, and assume this has been considered previously, but is there no chance of a shared facility with EK Thistle at the show park? Would probably be the best potential location, and would benefit both clubs if they were able to cooperate over it (sort of in the Clydebank / Yoker spirit)

Are there any other plans for a new ground or upgrades, especially in the case of promotion? I've been at K-Park only yesterday (Motherwell Women v Spartans), and I can imagine it might be a bit small if you were to get into the SPFL?

11 hours ago, Marten said:

Are there any other plans for a new ground or upgrades, especially in the case of promotion? I've been at K-Park only yesterday (Motherwell Women v Spartans), and I can imagine it might be a bit small if you were to get into the SPFL?

I think it’s big enough to cope with an average League 2 crowd is it not?

33 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I think it’s big enough to cope with an average League 2 crowd is it not?

Isn't K Park capped at around 600? 

Average for most SPFL2 teams would be 400/500 or above. 

Bit like FC Edinburgh if they're still 499. EKFC would be turning away a fair few folk. 

Considering how big East Kilbride is as a town, an SPFL team there could get fairly decent crowds I can imagine, if you promote the club a bit locally. You don't really want to keep turning people away.

Now I say that without really knowing East Kilbride as a town that well, but with that population there should be some potential I would imagine.

Yes the potential is there and the K Park cap is just under 700, so in event of moving up, would cope with expectations on numbers. Pitch just relaid , excellent surface, Sports Club just opposite great for pre and post match pint only  about 50 yards away.  Lots to commend, friendly welcoming Club.

Transport links an issue, but well worth making the effort.  Plenty of parking in the Country Park or in overflow.

That said, despite outstanding start to season, recent lapse been disappointing.  No devine right to win a game, never mind a league,  though we do seem to bring best out in opposition,  fair play to them.

All still to play for, a fair number of teams well in the mix,  I think I did predict would go all the way right at start of season,  even more convinced now.

Edited by ekok
Typo for point read pint

• 2 weeks later...

Got to agree with you I watched KRs interview yes he’s disappointed with the performance but for weeks he’s been complaining about the goals we lose granted going forward we will always cause team’s problems and score goals however with him being an ex defender you’d think he would know where the problem lies I know we had a friendly game on Saturday which resulted in a 4 all draw but surely that must have alarmed him it’s easy to criticise the team but surely he must take some of the blame after all he made a lot of signings

On 30/06/2022 at 10:28, Oystercatcher said:

At the start of last season there was a really unsettled team and management.

Rutkiewicz steadied the team and we've carried over a good couple of players into this season and done well in the transfer market.  

We'll be fourth 😂

Or fifth