The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

2 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

The stadium they have just now jim is pefectly adequate for the level they are at. Im sure you would agree? That being said, i wouldn’t put it past the keanes to still push ahead with building the new stadium. I’ve no idea of the timescale though. 

I think the only way it would be viable just now is if they got a league team to share it with.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

On 15/09/2022 at 11:36, Jimmain said:

Genuine question. What's the script with your planned new stadium? Is it a goer, or post-Covid has it become very much back burner, 'wait till we're in the SPL at least' stuff?

Not sure if I'm if this is what's called the Mandela Effect but I'm sure someone on this thread or somewhere in the LL forum pre Covid posted the plans for a new EKFC stadium.

Now it's gone to either complete silence or nah the K Park is a grand wee stadium.

40 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Not sure if I'm if this is what's called the Mandela Effect but I'm sure someone on this thread or somewhere in the LL forum pre Covid posted the plans for a new EKFC stadium.

Now it's gone to either complete silence or nah the K Park is a grand wee stadium.

All quiet since summer 2020.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-fc-construction-new-22155072

34 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Plans are all still there and planning permision was in place. The pandemic defo had a big part to play in the stalling of things moving forward. As can only be expected. The stadium will happen. It may not be viable as a stand alone football stadium as someone earlier pointed out. I agree. But there were plans for a multi-purpose comunity hub, with a wide range of sports and activities available to the locals.

the grand wee ground thats there just now is more than ample non the less.

They had "community stadium" up on those blue directional signs that went up around the recently completed dual carriageway in the Kelvin/Langlands area, they've now been covered over with tape but at one point the plans must have been concrete enough for them to include the development on these signs.

It was the EK Community Trust that were financing this stadium I believe, so not necessarily dependent on the success of EKFC though they'll likely be the main tenants so that would of course help.

On 17/09/2022 at 16:19, johnmc80 said:

Plans are all still there and planning permision was in place. The pandemic defo had a big part to play in the stalling of things moving forward. As can only be expected. The stadium will happen. It may not be viable as a stand alone football stadium as someone earlier pointed out. I agree. But there were plans for a multi-purpose comunity hub, with a wide range of sports and activities available to the locals.

the grand wee ground thats there just now is more than ample non the less.

East Kilbride continues to grow (at least 4 builders with huge estates going up linking Lindsayfield to Jackton) so the case for a multi-purpose community hub becomes stronger.

The changing of the council majority was a blow given all the time it took to 'persuade' the previous councilors to fully support the stadium idea.

1 hour ago, The_Judge said:

East Kilbride continues to grow (at least 4 builders with huge estates going up linking Lindsayfield to Jackton) so the case for a multi-purpose community hub becomes stronger.

The changing of the council majority was a blow given all the time it took to 'persuade' the previous councilors to fully support the stadium idea.

72F07155-1855-453A-89CF-25430828D460.jpeg

23 hours ago, The_Judge said:

The politics behind EK and football goes way back to the days when folks used the term "Overspill".

EK had it's own Development Corporation who where completely hostile to professional football coming anywhere near EK.

There were rumours going back 50 years of Clyde moving out there.

Not a bad move since that's where a lot of Clyde supporters set up home.

The powers that be that ran EK back then hunted the idea.

We made hard work of that today. There seems to be a lethargy the last few games where we're content with teams bringing the game to us and ek content with a counter attack, it really isn't good enough.

A half arsed penalty from McLaughlin and trying to run the clock down with ten minutes to go, really frustrating to watch today, I hope they pick it up.

On 22/09/2022 at 11:21, PossilYM said:

The politics behind EK and football goes way back to the days when folks used the term "Overspill".

EK had it's own Development Corporation who where completely hostile to professional football coming anywhere near EK.

There were rumours going back 50 years of Clyde moving out there.

Not a bad move since that's where a lot of Clyde supporters set up home.

The powers that be that ran EK back then hunted the idea.

A pity Livingston Development Corporation didn't follow EK's example really 

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A pity Livingston Development Corporation didn't follow EK's example really 

I've spent the best part of 55 years watching football right across Europe.

When it comes to first hand stories of following a football team, yours in relation to Meadowbank Thistle is right up there.

Even more so because i remember Meadowbank Thistle arriving in the Scottish League via Ferranti Thistle in the mid 1970s.

23 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Not good enough for what oyster?

Performance wise. We've been stinking for the last few games, we look uninterested and only seem to get into 2nd gear when we're one nil down.

Other teams are taking the game to us, having a go and we seem content letting them.

Our goal difference is poor too. Other teams are beating teams 4, 5 to nil, we're grinding out draws and one nil wins. Is it a motivational thing? Everyone around me today felt the same as I did leaving the ground.

Aye, the referee was rotten but why are we making stupid challenges in our own penalty area in the 8th minute of injury time?

Really frustrating 

I agree we’re not firing on all cylinders at the moms but if you’d given this position to be in at the the start of the season I would have been happy I think we do have a strong squad but have been hampered with some injuries going forward with the quality we have I think we’re right up there but need to tighten up at the back get that sorted and I think you’ll see a difference