The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

What are you drinking?  As has a happened so many times, we struggled against Uni teams. We are our own worst enemies in these games. So flat first half , down 1 -0 , then got ahead 2-1 and then totally switched off.

Absolutely we are the big boys attitude needs to be killed.  By the way not anyone else to blame but the players 

1 hour ago, the philosopher said:

EK's main threat this year excluding Rangers and Celtic Colts (doesn't matter they cannot be promoted ) seems to be the 2 teams with slightly different business models ( is that the best way to describe them ? ) Caledonian Braves and Opengoal Goal Broomhill.

Is there any longevity in them ?

Well they've both been going for nearly 10 years and seem to be doing ok.

Selkirk were around for about 130 years. Maybe longevity is overrated?

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Selkirk's ground is still in use. Some of those involved in Selkirk Fc started or joined up with the community club. Wouldn't shock me to see another Selkirk side playing in the pyramid one day. 

Braves & Broomhill disappear it'd be without a trace. 

Not true in Broomhill’s case. The club that they originated from is still on the go and has a team in Div 4.

On 01/09/2022 at 16:35, craigiemack said:

I’ve genuinely wiped the existence of B teams from my mind haha but think they’ll finish 1st outright anyway. When the international breaks come Celtic and Rangers will drop points when they play their under 15s. Can’t see any of the real clubs getting near EK either unless they bottle it massively 

I'll rate EKFC when they win a playoff.

On 03/09/2022 at 21:06, ekok said:

What are you drinking?  As has a happened so many times, we struggled against Uni teams. We are our own worst enemies in these games. So flat first half , down 1 -0 , then got ahead 2-1 and then totally switched off.

Absolutely we are the big boys attitude needs to be killed.  By the way not anyone else to blame but the players 

Been a tough week for you pal, with your big team geting pumped all over the place and your wee team hitting a few bumps in the road. My thoughts are with you at this hard time.

On 03/09/2022 at 23:28, guvnor said:

Agree what your saying but the manager must look at himself he seems to chop and change the team which I think unsettles the team however the league is a marathon not a sprint he is the one that brought in the players 

KR tended to overdo that a bit at Stirling. It was about giving them game time to prevent resentment creeping in. Nice in theory, can really piss fans off though.

On 15/09/2022 at 11:36, Jimmain said:

Genuine question. What's the script with your planned new stadium? Is it a goer, or post-Covid has it become very much back burner, 'wait till we're in the SPL at least' stuff?

The stadium they have just now jim is pefectly adequate for the level they are at. Im sure you would agree? That being said, i wouldn’t put it past the keanes to still push ahead with building the new stadium. I’ve no idea of the timescale though.