The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

What happened to the new stadium, 4,000 seats?

Planning permission and funding were all in place for the new stadium and community hub before the global pandemic kicked in. Its went quiet on that front now. It will happen though. When the keanes set there mind on something it usualy happens. Just not sure of the time frame.

13 hours ago, Hauzen said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Barry Ferguson get the job.

EK would do themselves a great favour if they left him where he is in the managerial gutter. Very unpopular at Clyde even more unpopular at Alloa.   Spend more time on his media career than the club he is the so called manager at. If boring defensive football is is your forte then fair enough. Kelty fans weren’t bothered when he left,and they got a better manager to replace him.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Totally understand folks opinions but Ek we’re decimated with injuries at the start of the season and with the manager having to leave it was backs to the wall to me Chris Aitken’s record as an interim manager has been second to none ok a couple of results not going his way but he had the team playing very attacking football god knows what will happen now but I hope we can hold onto our good players I just hope that the powers of be think they have made the right decision only time will tell 

41 minutes ago, guvnor said:

Totally understand folks opinions but Ek we’re decimated with injuries at the start of the season and with the manager having to leave it was backs to the wall to me Chris Aitken’s record as an interim manager has been second to none ok a couple of results not going his way but he had the team playing very attacking football god knows what will happen now but I hope we can hold onto our good players I just hope that the powers of be think they have made the right decision only time will tell 

They will just throw more money at it and hope for the best.

On 27/03/2022 at 10:48, bravehearts dad said:

EK would do themselves a great favour if they left him where he is in the managerial gutter. Very unpopular at Clyde even more unpopular at Alloa.   Spend more time on his media career than the club he is the so called manager at. If boring defensive football is is your forte then fair enough. Kelty fans weren’t bothered when he left,and they got a better manager to replace him.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

I'm sure that if they create a shortlist they'll get you on to the decision panel 🤪😂

It was only a coupla month ago he was interviewing for the Morton job and now he's in the Lowland League. I would have thought his sights would have been a bit higher? Good luck* to him anyway. I liked him when he played for us.

*this will be rescinded if he comes out and says anything positive about Old Firm Colts

Good luck to KR at EK and I’m sure the are a large number of Stirling fans out there that wish him well.

Yip, for the 3 years at the club, his football had me almost asleep, very much set up to be organised and ridged, with the intention to not lose games. Attack wise, he played a direct game working off a Target Man but he was someone that we all wanted to succeed and do well because if the type of guy he is and the work he put in around the club and I do think that there could be a good manager in there.

You’ll see it quickly, but he’s a charismatic guy who will be everywhere around the club. If you have a Community Youth Set Up, he’ll be down cheering on 7-8 year olds on a training night and he’ll be out promoting the club in any way he can. At Meet The Manager events and (assuming you have one) on your TV channel, his enthusiasm and talks are such that you will be sucked into his energy, passion and enthusiasm…it really is contagious, as is his demeanour within the technical area on match days. It all bought him time at Stirling, he wears his heart on his sleeve and as I said, he really is the guy you want to succeed.

I hope, for his sake, this time he does. As I alluded to above, his style of football and ultimately his signings and re-signings this season, are what cost him at Forthbank, but that’s not to say that history will repeat itself at EK and I would guess that he maybe has a bigger budget to work with or a step back will do him good, let’s see…..but good luck!!

PS - A fan linked him with Morton, I believe there was nothing in that

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...