The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

https://eastkilbridefootballclub.co.uk/news/club-announcement-25-03-2022

Aitken 2 gone.

Bit of a surprising one, from the outside at least, as results had picked up under him.

Sacked after a 6-0 win must be a fairly rare achievement.

EK’s managerial merry-go-round is unrivalled at this level. I feel sorry for Aitken, as his results were on the up.

EK’s managerial merry-go-round is unrivalled at this level. I feel sorry for Aitken, as his results were on the up.

Aitken mk2 was brutal. Just as bad as aitken mk1. Maybe worse. I voiced this at the time of his appointment. Would like to think the board will be forward thinking with the next appointment, though i dont hold out much hope. This one needs to be the right one. So much time has been wasted with duds. The leauge is only going to get stronger and we will be left behind if we dont start to sort it out. To finish 3rd 4th or 5th is embarassing with the budget aitken had. Bonnyrigg are desevered champions no doubt. But i’ve saw far better sides finish behind us in the leauge over the last 10 years. This year was a major disapointment. Plz dont feel sorry him. His results were on the up as the pressure was on the down. Thats not what we need. It’s a thanks but no thank’s from me.

5 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Aitken mk2 was brutal. Just as bad as aitken mk1. Maybe worse. I voiced this at the time of his appointment. Would like to think the board will be forward thinking with the next appointment, though i dont hold out much hope. This one needs to be the right one. So much time has been wasted with duds. The leauge is only going to get stronger and we will be left behind if we dont start to sort it out. To finish 3rd 4th or 5th is embarassing with the budget aitken had. Bonnyrigg are desevered champions no doubt. But i’ve saw far better sides finish behind us in the leauge over the last 10 years. This year was a major disapointment. Plz dont feel sorry him. His results were on the up as the pressure was on the down. Thats not what we need. It’s a thanks but no thank’s from me.

A good summary John, to be honest I haven’t seen a lot of Kilby this season and was only going by recent scores.