The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the game last night. as The judge above mentioned - it really could've went either way. I thought a draw was fair but I don't think the 2 early injuries helped EK.

Would be interesting to hear an East Kilbride perspective on things?

Also really enjoyed K-Park - a nice setup and a friendly bunch. I'll be back for sure.

I went to the game last night. as The judge above mentioned - it really could've went either way. I thought a draw was fair but I don't think the 2 early injuries helped EK.

Would be interesting to hear an East Kilbride perspective on things?

Also really enjoyed K-Park - a nice setup and a friendly bunch. I'll be back for sure.

The judge was the east kilbride perspective you were looking for.
He summed it up well.

Six games in to their season and EK have been awarded more goals than they've scored. 

I for one am shocked that Stevie Aitken ain't much cop at this management malarkey.

Edited by Hauzen

Hi guys. Just clocked that this is your worst ever start to a Lowland League season.

I've obviously kept an eye on EK since Stevie Aitken's appointment, but it looks like it's been a bit of a disaster. A squad full of ageing players, poor results and a lack of goals. It's all the same issues he had towards the end of his tenure at the Rock.

How have things been on the park, and what's the general mood towards him? With Kelty gone this was surely a cracking opportunity to challenge for the title again.

I've been to both home league games.  A 1-1 draw and a 1-0 defeat.  I'm not a glory hunter and I like the fact that the LL is keenly contested.  I also  don't really go in for managers being heroes OR disasters.  In both games we had chances but didn't really dominate the way we might have been expected to.  The Betfred cup games suggested we were competitive and should be able to challenge for the title but that's already looking a tall order. 

In the LL years we've had better looking squads and more successful teams and one constant has been that the guys in charge demand success so if you're not delivering then you probably wont last too long.

Others will possibly have much stronger feelings and will likely give you a more satisfying answer (especially if you harbour bad feeling towards Stevie Aitken).