The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

It’s a shame. But knowing EK as I do, not that surprising. 2 very closely matched teams. Games between these 2 will be fascinating this season.

Its artic up here jerry. The snow we had has pretty much frozen solid over last few days. 2 teams look very evenly matched. They always seem to be but this year more than ever. Just hope we dont cancel each other out and give kelty more breathing room.

59 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Its artic up here jerry. The snow we had has pretty much frozen solid over last few days. 2 teams look very evenly matched. They always seem to be but this year more than ever. Just hope we dont cancel each other out and give kelty more breathing room.

I’m actually thinking it may work the other way. You, us, Bonnyrigg and East Stirlingshire all more than capable of taking points off Kelty and each other. Add to the mix Gala, Bo’ness, Civil Service and Spartans who are all very capable and you have enough quality to make this a really open title race.

1 hour ago, johnmc80 said:

Yeah there is definitely scope this year for any of the teams u mentioned taking points. We have already saw that first hand. Its such a shame we cant get fans through the doors to see what is by far the most competitive season since league began.

I agree. I've been luck with the boys at BSC streaming most of the games so far. But as good as that has been, it just isn't the same. I'm desperate to get back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Chris erskine and steven bell away to partick thistle on loan till season end.

Sean Brown from Shire is away to East Fife til the end of the season as well. With the uncertainty around the LL I think we may see quite a few more players loaned up the leagues so clubs here can get a bit more cash while games still aren't going ahead. 

Sean Brown from Shire is away to East Fife til the end of the season as well. With the uncertainty around the LL I think we may see quite a few more players loaned up the leagues so clubs here can get a bit more cash while games still aren't going ahead. 

Dosen’t look good for getting season finished when teams are letting there best players go out on loan for remainder of season. Not sure if there are any recall options if league restarts but it does point towards clubs not expecting a restart anytime soon, if at all. Hope im wrong though.

9 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Dosen’t look good for getting season finished when teams are letting there best players go out on loan for remainder of season. Not sure if there are any recall options if league restarts but it does point towards clubs not expecting a restart anytime soon, if at all. Hope im wrong though.

The Shire post about it did say Brown was recallable - it would be incredibly daft not to have that clause - but yeah, it did not make me think "that'll be us training soon, then!"

10 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Most deals I’ve seen announced make it clear the players can be called back.

Most deals I’ve seen announced make it clear the players can be called back.

I get that dougie, but makes you think thats not happening anytime soon if they are letting players go just now.
Could work out for both parties right enough. Gets them match fit rather than trying to train on there own. So makes sense i suppose.

• 2 months later...