The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

On 19/07/2020 at 20:08, gogsy said:

East Kilbride manager in favour of colt teams , great stuff.:ass

Stephen Aitken would say literally anything to get his mug on the inside back page of a newspaper to remind people he exists.

21 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Stephen Aitken would say literally anything to get his mug on the inside back page of a newspaper to remind people he exists.

He's also a huge Rangers man and will likely be more than happy to do their bidding for them in the paper. I said to another poster on here that when Aitken left us I didn't really have any ill-feelings towards him, but my disdain for him has grown immensely in the last year following his "tought you well m8" moment, so much so that I'd be happy to see him fail (with all due respect to the EK fans). This has all the hallmarks of his final season with us, bringing in big names and having no idea how to put them together.

50 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He's also a huge Rangers man and will likely be more than happy to do their bidding for them in the paper. I said to another poster on here that when Aitken left us I didn't really have any ill-feelings towards him, but my disdain for him has grown immensely in the last year following his "tought you well m8" moment, so much so that I'd be happy to see him fail (with all due respect to the EK fans). This has all the hallmarks of his final season with us, bringing in big names and having no idea how to put them together.

It's a shame because he can come across fairly well in podcast discussions and the like but the never ending stream of shite that seems to come out from him in the media really tarnishes him.

He's like Willie Rennie if Willie Rennie ever came across well in interviews.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/former-celtic-hibs-star-anthony-22427539.amp?__twitter_impression=true

A classic Aitken move this. His ego will be hurting a little bit because his name hasn’t been mentioned on the Daily Record website for a few days, so he’s phoned up his mate and they’ve dreamed up some nonsense story so he can get a bit of air time.  Be prepared for LOTS of this sort of pish, including announcing signings to the press before they are completed and ultimately falling through. He just cannot help himself. 

5 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Does Aitken just think 'no publicity is bad publicity' and by constantly reading and hearing his name, folk will think he's a great manager?

Correct. At least he’s avoided asking his mates to peddle the ‘best young manager in Scotland’ patter thus far but there’s still time.