The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Thanks. That does a lot to dissuade me from thinking you don't know the difference between a football and a grapefruit.

So hold on wait, you come on and be a total bellend with a condescending post,(which is just you being you) then you think you are going to get a decent answer to anything you ask after that?
You’re more than a dick than i gave you credit for.

Just now, johnmc80 said:

So hold on wait, you come on and be a total bellend with a condescending post,(which is just you being you) then you think you are going to get a decent answer to anything you ask after that?

Can't answer, won't answer?

So far you've called me a "w**k stain", a "bellend" and "a dick". Any more?

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Thanks. That does a lot to dissuade me from thinking you don't know the difference between a football and a grapefruit.

In fairness if they're a EK fan how much action do you think they would of seen of players at other clubs in different leagues?

No different to how a Celtic fan tries to talk up a £2m punt on some random forward from abroad.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

In fairness if they're a EK fan how much action do you think they would of seen of players at other clubs in different leagues?

No different to how a Celtic fan tries to talk up a £2m punt on some random forward from abroad.

They could at least talk to the positions the guys play, whether they need further re-enforcements in other areas or whether they're expecting them to start games?

I certainly don't deserve the name calling or abuse.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

This about sums the discourse in this part of the forum.

I was definitely harsh...

50 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

This post sums up how much of a w**k stain you are. Not just on the lowland forum may i add, but across the board.
Stick a red dot on it then off you pop marshy.

37 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

That they have signed. And they are new.

19 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

13 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

You ran out of red dots marshy???

6 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Dry your eyes.

He's not a dick John, a dick can be useful [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Aitken loved reminding everyone how small our budget was whilst he was with us (it was fairly competitive during most of his tenure). It got to the point he would mention it at every opportunity, even before a ball was kicked, as if to cover his back if it went tits up and if we were struggling at any point you’d have all these Aitken well wishers in the media reporting on how he was working with peanuts and doing an amazing job. It will be very interesting to see how he handles having the/one of the biggest budgets in the league and if he is able to set up a team who will play on the frontfoot. 

Based on his first 3 signings he has nowhere to hide and I suspect the fans and board will be looking for instant success. 

Linlithgow signed another from yourselves..!!

Dean Cairns.

That's the 3rd by my reckoning. Are any of them any good and a miss to EK?

Cairns and brownlie came into the team as it was hitting sinking ship mode. Competent without being eyecatching. Stevenson will be a very good signing. Was solid. Consistent every week.

How are you guys looking squad depth wise? Aitken's work so far this summer reminds me a wee bit of the summer of 2018 at Dumbarton where he signed a few big names (Bobby Barr, Ross Forbes, Rory Loy, Andy Little, Michael Paton and Jack Aitchison) with experience at a higher level - but very much went for a quality over quantity approach that left us short in key areas.  In most games that season we struggled to name more than three substitutes. 

It reminds me of us last season, just signing anyone with a recognisable name that has played in the SPFL. The biggest problem for us was the dressing room atmosphere, getting that right is the key to success imo.

You are obviously going to be paying big money to Erskine and Paton etc, how will stalwarts like Winter react to these boys earning a few hundred pounds more a week than him if they don't produce it regularly on a Saturday