The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Saw they had done the dressing rooms and gave the ground a bit of a paint job. Didnt know about a new covered area. It could be doing with it right enough.
EK Thistle posted this on Twitter.

I certainly hope things are on the up for my hometown team.
Screenshot_20200707_222337_com.twitter.android.jpeg

14 hours ago, haufdaft said:

EK Thistle posted this on Twitter.

I certainly hope things are on the up for my hometown team.
Screenshot_20200707_222337_com.twitter.android.jpeg

Mate thats your home town team a club with a heart and soul and history that the town once fully got behind especially in the 80s when they regular got crowds in the mid to high hundreds and took thousands to cup finals. 

This fake plastic newbie club and the brothers grim trying to invest in a total white elephant should be treated with the contempt it deserves. 

My brother in law has only moved back to the town wits his family and thistle will be where he goes for his local football fix and rightly so. 

Mate thats your home town team a club with a heart and soul and history that the town once fully got behind especially in the 80s when they regular got crowds in the mid to high hundreds and took thousands to cup finals. 
This fake plastic newbie club and the brothers grim trying to invest in a total white elephant should be treated with the contempt it deserves. 
My brother in law has only moved back to the town wits his family and thistle will be where he goes for his local football fix and rightly so. 

Aye nae bother jackanory.

Fantastic to see your signings tonight have made that VL Craig Telfer raging. 

Can't wait to see his seething ugly puss when the tonkas are diddying down in the Lowland League getting pumped aff teams called Turnip FC

Edited by craigiemack

Can't wait to see his seething ugly puss when the tonkas are diddying down in the Lowland League getting pumped aff teams called Turnip FC

Anything that causes him upset can only be seen as good.

EK Thistle's ground is in a tremendous location. If there was ever a prospect of that being brought up to a licensed standard having both EK teams playing there would surely be better than some miniature Broadwood outside the town, but I see why it's not practical.

Seriously though, I don't see why any club would build an all seater in this day and age. Even in the far fetched scenario that sometime in the future you're competing for a place in the Premiership, there's no requirement for an all seater even at that level. Obviously you want a seated main stand but get terraces behind the goals.

The thing that lets the Showpark down is the lack of parking, but it’s pretty much perfect for everything else.

As for EKFC’s proposed new stadium - you would be hard pushed to find a more inconvenient site for a ground if you tried.

The showpark is owned by the east kilbride cattle society and leased to east kilbride thistle so building there is a non starter. I agree though, outwith the shite parking, its the best location you could get for it in east kilbride.

Clyde and EK Thistle had plans for a new stadium at the Showpark. If I recall correctly, the owners of the land were pretty amenable.
Obviously, it fell through in the end.

As a resident of East Mains I was astonished at some of the objections from the community council at that time, including concerns about burger vans and folks pissing in gardens. [emoji1787]
I believe the community council voted against it on the chairman's casting vote.

I really admire the ambition and the stadium design from the outline planning consent in 2017. Looks fantastic! I can't see any building warrant approvals or even applications that should be on the South Lanarkshire Council Building Control page. Do you have a link? Starting on site might not be too soon unless the devco get their skates on [emoji106]

The new stadium isnt just there as a home for ekfc.
It will also be home to east kilbride boxing, with a fixed boxing ring and gym. A fitness and wellbeing suite.
There is also a sports hall for the use of basketball, netball, 5 a sides, indoor cricket, indoor bowling.
There is also rooms for fitness classes, dance classes and parent and toddler groups.
They will be running there sunday club for kids from here.
A food and drink kiosk.
Its looking to be a community hub.

A white elephant? Im not so sure.

Clyde and EK Thistle had plans for a new stadium at the Showpark. If I recall correctly, the owners of the land were pretty amenable.
Obviously, it fell through in the end.

As a resident of East Mains I was astonished at some of the objections from the community council at that time, including concerns about burger vans and folks pissing in gardens. [emoji1787]
I believe the community council voted against it on the chairman's casting vote.

Might have known you would be a bloody mainser!!!!!

I really admire the ambition and the stadium design from the outline planning consent in 2017. Looks fantastic! I can't see any building warrant approvals or even applications that should be on the South Lanarkshire Council Building Control page. Do you have a link? Starting on site might not be too soon unless the devco get their skates on [emoji106]

I dont have any links mate. Just saw the plans in the local press.

15 hours ago, craigiemack said:

15 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Anything that causes him upset can only be seen as good.

This about sums the discourse in this part of the forum. I come in looking for insight on how three new players are going to fit in to EK's plans for next season and the only posts are drivel about something someone said on Twitter.

Has any one of the LL forum lot from pre-Junior team entry ever seen a football before?

This about sums the discourse in this part of the forum. I come in looking for insight on how three new players are going to fit in to EK's plans for next season and the only posts are drivel about something someone said on Twitter.
Has any one of the LL forum lot from pre-Junior team entry ever seen a football before?

This post sums up how much of a w**k stain you are. Not just on the lowland forum may i add, but across the board.
Stick a red dot on it then off you pop marshy.

6 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

This post sums up how much of a w**k stain you are. Not just on the lowland forum may i add, but across the board.
Stick a red dot on it then off you pop marshy.

What do you make of your new signings?