The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

When you put it simply in those terms, no but I think we all know things don't really work out like that. Coatbridge is more than 40k and I'd bet that you could count the number of games where there's been 2k+ Albion Rovers fans in a ground in my lifetime on one hand, if it's even happened.

Its a punt mate. Shot in the dark. But they are being ambitious. And people like to shot folk down for being ambitious. But they are giving it a go. Might not go to plan. But then again, it just might. Will always be haters. Just the way it is.

4 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Its a punt mate. Shot in the dark. But they are being ambitious. And people like to shot folk down for being ambitious. But they are giving it a go. Might not go to plan. But then again, it just might. Will always be haters. Just the way it is.

Differing opinions isn't exactly hate though, is it?

K Park is typically given a capacity of 600+ which is extremely restrictive for big games. So nobody quite knows what their upper limit is, or what a true average may actually.

The attendance for the League Cup Group Stage game against St Mirren last season was 644

Scottish Cup games against: LTHV in 2015-16 was 660 ; BSC in 2019-20 was 671

The Celtic game in the Scottish Cup had to be moved because K Park couldn't handle it. I'm sure the pyramid playoff games could have sold more than whatever they did due to the demand.

As for Lowland League averages. East Kilbride tend to be one of the poorest clubs for getting headcounts. They only got 10 games counted in 2019-20 and that's including league and cup games counts could be gathered.

image.png.9fb3038456c5dfdca90b0c22d2b67b79.png

Now i'm not saying they would do massively better if those missing games were accounted for, but it is incomplete.

A punt and shot in the dark payed for by a charity. Should that be the role of a charity?

Would East Kilbride Community Trust not be better committing their money to something more worthwhile and beneficial to the local community?

A punt and shot in the dark payed for by a charity. Should that be the role of a charity?

Would East Kilbride Community Trust not be better committing their money to something more worthwhile and beneficial to the local community?

We have grasped the fact that you dont like the keans. But can you decry the work that the east kilbride community trust has done this far?

We have grasped the fact that you dont like the keans. But can you decry the work that the east kilbride community trust has done this far?
Where above do I decry work the EKCT has done?

I'm taking about a charity funding a future white elephant in East Kilbride.

Where above do I decry work the EKCT has done?

I'm taking about a charity funding a future white elephant in East Kilbride.

The new stadium isnt just there as a home for ekfc.
It will also be home to east kilbride boxing, with a fixed boxing ring and gym. A fitness and wellbeing suite.
There is also a sports hall for the use of basketball, netball, 5 a sides, indoor cricket, indoor bowling.
There is also rooms for fitness classes, dance classes and parent and toddler groups.
They will be running there sunday club for kids from here.
A food and drink kiosk.
Its looking to be a community hub.

A white elephant? Im not so sure.

Will Thistle use the new venue?

The new stadium isnt just there as a home for ekfc.
It will also be home to east kilbride boxing, with a fixed boxing ring and gym. A fitness and wellbeing suite.
There is also a sports hall for the use of basketball, netball, 5 a sides, indoor cricket, indoor bowling.
There is also rooms for fitness classes, dance classes and parent and toddler groups.
They will be running there sunday club for kids from here.
A food and drink kiosk.
Its looking to be a community hub.

A white elephant? Im not so sure.

Still can't see the requirement for 4000 seats.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

Is the 8000 seater stadium that clyde are guests in not a tad big for the average 600 home fans??? Seems a bit strange knocking your local club for showing ambition in building a nice new stadium with facilities for the local community, when your own club has been homeless for 20 odd years.
Again, it all just boils down to your dislike of the keans.

Is the 8000 seater stadium that clyde are guests in not a tad big for the average 600 home fans??? Seems a bit strange knocking your local club for showing ambition in building a nice new stadium with facilities for the local community, when your own club has been homeless for 20 odd years.

Again, it all just boils down to your dislike of the keans.

I did use my own club's folly as an example that shouldn't be followed (see below).

There is no problem with ambition if its realistic and based on evidence.

Stadiums that are too large lead to a dearth of atmosphere and actually work against encouraging new supporters.

Previous "ambition" is there to see in the almost permanently empty two stands Broadwood.

I've heard this optimistic argument many times for building new out of town, oversized stadiums, including my own club. The increase in supporter numbers will be minimal.

On 05/07/2020 at 11:36, gogsy said:

Queens Park have had 150 years of trying to tap into the potential in Glasgow , a city of 600,000. Getting  less than 600 at most games would indicate that they have failed miserably.

We did not too badly back in the day. The New Era at QP will hopefully see a few more through the door. Sadly, the good burghers of Glasgow have demonstrated to us, Clyde and Thistle that they're not interested in anything other than the OF. 

I wish EK well wherever they end up.

On 06/07/2020 at 14:58, johnmc80 said:

I dont think there are any plans to groundshare. East kilbride thistle have a lease at the showpark which has been there homeground for many years.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Thistle are doing some ground improvement works as well at the Showpark. Potentially another covered area?

I'm sure I read somewhere that Thistle are doing some ground improvement works as well at the Showpark. Potentially another covered area?

Saw they had done the dressing rooms and gave the ground a bit of a paint job. Didnt know about a new covered area. It could be doing with it right enough.