The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

No idea why there's a need for a 4000 capacity stadium in East Kilbride for a team with league averages of 161 spectators.

Sticking out our in the outskirts of the town with poor public transport links won't help.

I doubt no more than one stand will ever be build.

They could potentially be playing in that stadium for the next 50-100 years. Absolutely no reason why, what looks like a well run side, couldn’t get those numbers regularly for years to come.

As the lowland league gets stronger, and strong contenders to get into the national leagues in the relatively near future then this absolutely makes sense.

Well done EK

They could potentially be playing in that stadium for the next 50-100 years. Absolutely no reason why, what looks like a well run side, couldn’t get those numbers regularly for years to come.

As the lowland league gets stronger, and strong contenders to get into the national leagues in the relatively near future then this absolutely makes sense.

Well done EK

I've heard this optimistic argument many times for building new out of town, oversized stadiums, including my own club. The increase in supporter numbers will be minimal.

There's not a chance your suggestion will come to fruition.

Is the EKFC stadium linked to any new housing proposal by any chance?

I've heard this optimistic argument many times for building new out of town, oversized stadiums, including my own club. The increase in supporter numbers will be minimal.

There's not a chance your suggestion will come to fruition.

Is the EKFC stadium linked to any new housing proposal by any chance?

Booked marked for 50 years time [emoji123]

No idea why there's a need for a 4000 capacity stadium in East Kilbride for a team with league averages of 161 spectators.

Sticking out our in the outskirts of the town with poor public transport links won't help.

I doubt no more than one stand will ever be build.

Yous want to groundshare again?

Yous want to groundshare again?
Just as well it fell through as the stadium still doesn't exist.

I still say a 4000 capacity stadium for a team unlikely to get out of the lowland league in the foreseeable future will be a white elephant.

11 hours ago, geo87 said:

Booked marked for 50 years time emoji123.png

Put me in with that prediction as well then.

This is the first time I've heard about it, and it's literally the worst location I've ever seen suggested for a football ground in Scotland, by far. It's 0.7 miles from the nearest bus stop, which gets a crappy service anyway. The nearest pub appears to be a 1.6 mile walk away. There aren't more than a few hundred people living within realistic walking distance, and they'd need to walk up a big, boring hill through an industrial estate to get to it. The only people who will ever even know it's there are those playing at Langlands Golf Club.

What's happening to the old ground? If it's continuing then none of the income that helps support the facilities is going to move up to the new ground.

The current ground isn't in a great location but at least it's just off a main road and a lot of people pass going to the country park. I want EK to do well, which is why I really hope they ditch this plan.

Its a 2minute drive from kpark. Its not the other side of the world. There isnt really another spot more central with space to build a football stadium in east kilbride. There is a heavy touch of the green eyed monsters going on with a few of these posts. I get that alot of folk aren’t fans of the keanes, and how they go about there business. Im also not a fan. But its about a club, which is my local club trying to progress and build something for the future and for the comunity. Yeah they might never fill it. But is there a team outside the old firm and maybe hearts that comes close to filling there ground every week? They are showing ambition. In the hope the team can progress. Fair play to them.

Its a 2minute drive from kpark. Its not the other side of the world. There isnt really another spot more central with space to build a football stadium in east kilbride. There is a heavy touch of the green eyed monsters going on with a few of these posts. I get that alot of folk aren’t fans of the keanes, and how they go about there business. Im also not a fan. But its about a club, which is my local club trying to progress and build something for the future and for the comunity. Yeah they might never fill it. But is there a team outside the old firm and maybe hearts that comes close to filling there ground every week? They are showing ambition. In the hope the team can progress. Fair play to them.
A stadium you need a car to visit (or a torturous bus journey)

Why build a 4000 capacity stadium that you'll never fill? Expensive and pointless use of what is stated to be charitable monies.

A stadium you need a car to visit (or a torturous bus journey)

Why build a 4000 capacity stadium that you'll never fill? Expensive and pointless use of what is stated to be charitable monies.

Cant mind the last time i walked to a football game. Its always by bus or car.

Do you walk to cumbernauld much?

And why does the capacity of another clubs supposed new ground upset you so much? Cause it does seem to be grinding your gears a tad.

Cant mind the last time i walked to a football game. Its always by bus or car.

Do you walk to cumbernauld much?

And why does the capacity of another clubs supposed new ground upset you so much? Cause it does seem to be grinding your gears a tad.
I never walk to Cumbernauld as I live in EK. That would be daft.

Would I have started to support Clyde if Shawfield wasn't on a convenient bus route? I doubt it.

Convenience obviously plays a part in trying to attract new supporters, especially children.

Regarding EKFC "grinding my gears". As an EK resident, you only have to look at some of the press clippings re. the Keans to understand why I feel the way I do. However that's a topic for another forum.

I never walk to Cumbernauld as I live in EK. That would be daft.

Would I have started to support Clyde if Shawfield wasn't on a convenient bus route? I doubt it.

Convenience obviously plays a part in trying to attract new supporters, especially children.

Regarding EKFC "grinding my gears". As an EK resident, you only have to look at some of the press clippings re. the Keans to understand why I feel the way I do. However that's a topic for another forum.

Supporting a team because they are on a decent bus route is daft. But each to there own.
We wont agree on this one. Your vision is clouded by the fact the keans are involved and you obviously dont like them. Which is fine. I get it. But im looking by the keane factor and just enjoying having a local team with some sort of ambition that i can go and watch. Football and football fans are fickle as feck. Most teams have players or folk behind the scenes who have more than there fair share of baggage. But you support them regardless. Clyde being no exception to that.

Supporting a team because they are on a decent bus route is daft. But each to there own.
We wont agree on this one. Your vision is clouded by the fact the keans are involved and you obviously dont like them. Which is fine. I get it. But im looking by the keane factor and just enjoying having a local team with some sort of ambition that i can go and watch. Football and football fans are fickle as feck. Most teams have players or folk behind the scenes who have more than there fair share of baggage. But you support them regardless. Clyde being no exception to that.
Fair enough

9 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

It's not really about filling it every week. Most clubs would be happy with a bit of spare capacity. EK are talking about building a ground with 25 x their average crowds at the moment. That's the equivalent of East Fife building a 20,000 seater stadium because we might get into the premier one day. It's bordering on lunacy.

It's not really about filling it every week. Most clubs would be happy with a bit of spare capacity. EK are talking about building a ground with 25 x their average crowds at the moment. That's the equivalent of East Fife building a 20,000 seater stadium because we might get into the premier one day. It's bordering on lunacy.

Do you honestly think a 4000 seat stadium in a town the size of east kilbride is lunacy? If the team progresses through the leagues, the potential to fill that is more than there. A big load of ifs and buts i know. But im a glass half full type.

10 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Do you honestly think a 4000 seat stadium in a town the size of east kilbride is lunacy? If the team progresses through the leagues, the potential to fill that is more than there. A big load of ifs and buts i know. But im a glass half full type.

When you put it simply in those terms, no but I think we all know things don't really work out like that. Coatbridge is more than 40k and I'd bet that you could count the number of games where there's been 2k+ Albion Rovers fans in a ground in my lifetime on one hand, if it's even happened.