The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

On 29/05/2020 at 18:23, iamnotgarybollan said:

Booth was supposed to be the assistant but due to the current pandemic he chose to stay at Glasgow City just now

Aitken was not happy with this at all

Sadly you are so far off the mark with this one you are actually in another country... speaking to the man himself... he has had NO contact and has ZERO interest and is indeed very happy at Glasgow City.. so unless you're source is hearing it from the man himself ... not a story ... 

Glad to have him on board and hope he can build a better team than last season and winning the league would be a great achievement BUT I do get pissed off with this narrative that it's all about the SPFL as if it's some kind of wonderland!!  It's shite!  It's just tier 4 rather than tier 5 and it amounts to playing nine teams 4 times a season at double the ticket price.  Any arguments about it having more 'quality' are laughable. 

Now, where do I get my virtual season ticket?

ek.jpg

Edited by The_Judge

1 hour ago, The_Judge said:

Glad to have him on board and hope he can build a better team than last season and winning the league would be a great achievement BUT I do get pissed off with this narrative that it's all about the SPFL as if it's some kind of wonderland!!  It's shite!  It's just tier 4 rather than tier 5 and it amounts to playing nine teams 4 times a season at double the ticket price.  Any arguments about it having more 'quality' are laughable. 

Now, where do I get my virtual season ticket?

ek.jpg

Top 7 in our league better or on a par with anything in league 2. The prospect of playing the same team at least 4 times a season would just fill me with dread. The SPFL thing i get though, its all about getting a seat at the table. Right now we're banging on the door and they've turned the tele off and are hiding behind the sofa.

Top 7 in our league better or on a par with anything in league 2. The prospect of playing the same team at least 4 times a season would just fill me with dread. The SPFL thing i get though, its all about getting a seat at the table. Right now we're banging on the door and they've turned the tele off and are hiding behind the sofa.

So basically we are jehova witnesses of the pyramid system? Great!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, johnmc80 said:

It needs to to keep up with the rest of them.emoji16.png

Will have to be mate as u say there is always some spenders in the league and u will be hoping on a improvement on last season  

many players do u have signed ? 

U expecting a big turn around and will ek play in reserve league this season 

Will have to be mate as u say there is always some spenders in the league and u will be hoping on a improvement on last season  
many players do u have signed ? 
U expecting a big turn around and will ek play in reserve league this season 

Think alot of last seasons squad are resigned. Have only saw a couple confirmed as leaving. That may change though. For me they need a bit of an overhaul. Were very stale for most part of the last season. Was disapointing to see team going backwards just as the league was probably as strong as its been since it began.

Not sure whats happning with reserve team mate.

Fingers crossed. They seem to be pushing ahead with the new stadium plans so money is there. They are determined to get ek up the leagues so we will see how it goes. Going to get harder every year now with alot of big clubs starting to filter in. Bring it on tho. Just be nice to see some live football again.

1 minute ago, johnmc80 said:

Fingers crossed. They seem to be pushing ahead with the new stadium plans so money is there. They are determined to get ek up the leagues so we will see how it goes. Going to get harder every year now with alot of big clubs starting to filter in. Bring it on tho. Just be nice to see some live football again.

100% mate hopefully the new stadium won’t effect there playing budget to much or it could be a long season again 

1 hour ago, johnmc80 said:

Where exactly in EK is the new stadium?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-fc-construction-new-22155072

East Kilbride FC have confirmed work on a new stadium will go ahead "as soon as we get back to some sort of normality."

The 4000-seater development in Langlands will be built by local charity East Kilbride Community Trust and the Lowland League side will be the prominent tenant.

The stadium was first given the go-ahead by South Lanarkshire Council's planning department in November 2017 when the development at Hurlawcrook Road was given permission in principle.

When EKCT first lodged their blueprint for a phased 4000-seater development, they had hoped to be operational by late 2018 with the stadium completed in its entirety by 2020.

After being hit by delays, East Kilbride FC have assured fans construction will get underway once lockdown measures are lifted.

East Kilbride Club secretary Dave McKenna told the club's website: "The final plans have all been passed and approved.

"Timing is not great as we know, but we are hoping to make a start on it as soon as we got back to some sort of normality and we get the resources, the materials, the people, all the practical things.

This stadium is definitely going ahead now.

"All along the Community Trust and the club have worked hand in hand. With the stadium being built with, and for, the Community Trust, it's obviously for just more than East Kilbride FC.

"The plans are fantastic. There's capacity for other sports and other uses of the stadium, so we will continue to work with Community Trust to provide this stadium.

"There's 80,000 people in East Kilbride, a lot of them very young, so the need for these facilities is long standing."

The news comes a week after the club appointed a new management team.

Stevie Aitken will manage the team alongside assistant Ian Durrant, the Rangers legend, and Aitken's brother Chris.

Aitken said: "There's a big project here, there's a new stadium planned that would put a lot of clubs to shame. 

"We just have to make sure we are in the right position at the right time for them to start building the stadium.

"They are desperate to start building it tomorrow, but it's a step at a time."

East Kilbride currently play home matches at K-Park Training Academy, also operated by EKCT. It was opened in 2011 and the venue has been EKFC's base since their first Lowland League campaign in 2013.

ptr_ekn_140617stadium_02.jpg

No idea why there's a need for a 4000 capacity stadium in East Kilbride for a team with league averages of 161 spectators.

Sticking out our in the outskirts of the town with poor public transport links won't help.

I doubt no more than one stand will ever be build.