The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Rebuild job for next season? Perhaps a bit early for that right enough. 

Do you think they will stick with Stuart Malcolm?

I would think so mate. Cant see him lasting much longer. Seems to be something not quite right behind the scenes. Been like that since tail end of last season. Something not clicking. I think a bit of a rebuild is going to be needed. And im pretty certain it will be a new man overseeing it. I may be miles off though. Wont be the first time.

8 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

I would think so mate. Cant see him lasting much longer. Seems to be something not quite right behind the scenes. Been like that since tail end of last season. Something not clicking. I think a bit of a rebuild is going to be needed. And im pretty certain it will be a new man overseeing it. I may be miles off though. Wont be the first time.

I would tend to agree with you, they may wait until after the Scottish Cup run is over first,  but I don’t think Stuart will be there at the end of the season.

I almost think they need to act now, or very soon. Gives the new man the rest of this season to get things right, have to hit the ground running from the off next season as it's a far more competitive league with the recent additions and it's only going to get harder and harder to get up to League Two under the current playoff system.

Equal measure pleased and annoyed today. Lost a game against the team that will absolutely win the league,  but if we had played anything like we did today, up till now,  might have given them a run for their money, as we did today. All of that playing most of game with 10 men. Big Austin up front is a force, will surely win top goalscorer,  but offers so much more.

We need to reboot, get as good a run as we can in Scottish and come back stronger next season 

2 hours ago, ekok said:

Equal measure pleased and annoyed today. Lost a game against the team that will absolutely win the league,  but if we had played anything like we did today, up till now,  might have given them a run for their money, as we did today. All of that playing most of game with 10 men. Big Austin up front is a force, will surely win top goalscorer,  but offers so much more.

We need to reboot, get as good a run as we can in Scottish and come back stronger next season 

“Absolutely win the league” Bold statement to make? In saying that, you pay for what you get, and if Kelty sign player from the Championship on inflated wages for the LL, then they will certainly be close. 

East kilbride are a shadow of the team that they have been over the last 4 or 5 seasons. There is no hiding that, regardless of a decent showing with 10 men. Its frustrating that just when leauge is as strong as its ever been, we are being left slighty wanting. I’ve no doubt that the ek of the last 4 or 5 seasons would still be very strong amongst this group. But as informer has pointed out, the table dosen’t lie. Kelty are a very decent side. I took bsc at start of the season and im sticking with that but i have a feeling bonnyrigg might just be the team to beat.

I'm of the same view as most here, we played better in the second half with ten men although I think the decision to dismiss Reid was poor.  I also thought the winning goal wouldn't have been scored without Austin fouling Reid (match highlights might prove me wrong on both counts), that said Austin really caught the eye and Kelty had several great chances to increase the winning margin.  They are very much the team to beat for this season's title IMO.

I'm of the same view as most here, we played better in the second half with ten men although I think the decision to dismiss Reid was poor.  I also thought the winning goal wouldn't have been scored without Austin fouling Reid (match highlights might prove me wrong on both counts), that said Austin really caught the eye and Kelty had several great chances to increase the winning margin.  They are very much the team to beat for this season's title IMO.

Match highlights don't prove you wrong on either count. [emoji846]

Softest of soft sending offs and looks a clear foul for the goal.

Kelty did still look the better team from the video though.

The ref has had a shocker for the goal. You won’t see a clearer foul. Looks a soft sending off too. Maybe that ref should be given a one match ban!

Kelty looked much the better team though and the title is theres to lose. Austin is far too good for LL, Kelty will hope he doesn’t get injured 

12 hours ago, gogsy said:

Reid had committed 3 or 4 fouls by the time of his first booking barely 10 minutes into the game, he had committed quite a few more by the time he was sent off.

No disrespect intended...but...I think you've just made that up 😃