The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

7 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Not sure alan. A better opportunity has come up. Kyle laffertys caddy maybe? Not sure.

Just seen in the Evening Times he might be going to Celtic as a reserve team coach, must be connected to that 

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/17833069.scottish-transfer-news-live-rangers-among-bookies-favourites-sign-daniel-sturridge-darren-odea-line-sensational-celtic-return/ 

Can really argue with that then. Dream job for him being back at celtic.

9 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

See darren o’dea is for the off already. Not that has really been there to start with in fairness.

Did he play for EK at all apart from getting sent-off for a lunge minutes into 2 seasons ago's City Cup Final in early July?

On 12/08/2019 at 00:12, HibeeJibee said:

They have committed themselves to reaching the Premiership by 2025.

If we take that as meaning 2025-26 then they need to win 4 promotions in the next 6 years i.e. every 1 or 2 seasons.

They lost heavily at home to Kelty last week... next 3 games BSCG (A), Stirling Uni (H), Bonnyrigg (A): that will give indication of their trajectory. Then it's 'Shire + Spartans late Sep/early Oct.

The 2025 qoute was something Chris Ewing said years ago, that was before even Kelty joined the league. 

Was very impressed by Braves when I saw them. Nice wee set up too. Could be a dark horse, especially after the win v EK. 

8 hours ago, RampantFM said:

The 2025 qoute was something Chris Ewing said years ago, that was before even Kelty joined the league. 

Was very impressed by Braves when I saw them. Nice wee set up too. Could be a dark horse, especially after the win v EK. 

It was only last year that he said it when he launched the our fan concept? In any case it was never achievable, but it got publicity which I suspect what he was trying to achieve.

10 hours ago, The Informer said:

It was only last year that he said it when he launched the our fan concept? In any case it was never achievable, but it got publicity which I suspect what he was trying to achieve.

February 2018 was the first time I seen it, so aye, last year but still before Kelty and other clubs started bringing in the talent. But you're right, was probably more about the publicity than an a achieveable goal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42958694

1 minute ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Hopefully he'll keep bigging up our opponents for the rest of the season. 😂😂 TBF after their result against EK I doubt anyone could have predicted that scoreline. 

That’s the LL for you though neebs nobodies a sure bet in this league 

6 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Aye that explains our complete and utter dominance. 

I'm not taking anything away from BSC, I'm just saying there was mitigating circumstances. Doesn't take a genuis to see that Caley had no center backs playing due to injuries. 

I also expected BSC to win the game regardless, maybe not by 6 like.

Also you seem to think I was "bigging up" Caley in regards to their game against youse. I was actually responding in regard to their win over EK hence why I posted it in the EK thread...

If there was an active BSC thread I'm sure I would have posted something on there. 😉

Edited by RampantFM

7 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

I'm not taking anything away from BSC, I'm just saying there was mitigating circumstances. Doesn't take a genuis to see that Caley had no center backs playing due to injuries. 

I also expected BSC to win the game regardless, maybe not by 6 like.

Also you seem to think I was "bigging up" Caley in regards to their game against youse. I was actually responding in regard to their win over EK hence why I posted it in the EK thread...

They had 2 changes as far as I can see from the team that beat EK and one them was the goalkeeper so its hardly mitigating circumstances. It was unfortunate the lad got injured in the warm up and had to be replaced before kick off. But I don’t seem to recall anyone talking about our depleted defence when Ross McMillan missed the games against Shire & Spartans. The bigging up comment was meant as a joke.

2 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

They had 2 changes as far as I can see from the team that beat EK and one them was the goalkeeper so its hardly mitigating circumstances. It was unfortunate the lad got injured in the warm up and had to be replaced before kick off. But I don’t seem to recall anyone talking about our depleted defence when Ross McMillan missed the games against Shire & Spartans. The bigging up comment was meant as a joke.

The "mitigating circumstances" comment was the exact phrase used to describe the game at the weekend by a fellow BSC fan.

Braves currently have three defenders injured (including McDowall in that)

He was their only natural CB, so yes, I would say it definitely affected them, losing him just before kick off. 

As I mentioned, I think BSC would have won anyway and they could have have put the same amount past Braves, if he was playing, I don't know, it wasn't meant as a comment to take anything away for BSC's performance but surely having no natural center back wouldn't have helped. 

McMillan missing for them games would have been mentioned but perhaps not on P&B. 

13 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

The "mitigating circumstances" comment was the exact phrase used to describe the game at the weekend by a fellow BSC fan.

Braves currently have three defenders injured (including McDowall in that)

He was their only natural CB, so yes, I would say it definitely affected them, losing him just before kick off. 

As I mentioned, I think BSC would have won anyway and they could have have put the same amount past Braves, if he was playing, I don't know, it wasn't meant as a comment to take anything away for BSC's performance but surely having no natural center back wouldn't have helped. 

McMillan missing for them games would have been mentioned but perhaps not on P&B. 

I get the point your making Rampant. I just don't see how 1 outfield change can be the difference between beating the reigning champions one week and getting battered by us the next.

16 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I get the point your making Rampant. I just don't see how 1 outfield change can be the difference between beating the reigning champions one week and getting battered by us the next.

Either way, mate. Fantastic from BSC. Puts them back in the picture after the defeat to Colts. Think it will be the case most of the season with top teams taking points of each other.